Thomas Olsen is a partner in Bain & Company's Singapore office. He leads Bain's Strategy and Corporate Finance practices in Asia Pacific and coordinates the Corporate and Transaction Banking and Capital Markets sectors in the firm's Financial Services practice.
He has more than 20 years of financial services and management consulting experience.
Thomas has extensive experience across developed and developing markets, working with large financial institutions in banking, capital markets and insurance. He holds deep expertise in corporate and portfolio strategy, M&A, risk, liquidity and capital management and organizational design.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Thomas was a partner with another global consulting firm in London, Singapore, São Paulo and Zurich. He also spent five years with the World Bank, based in Washington DC and Caracas.
Thomas holds an MBA from INSEAD, an MSc from Cornell University and a BA from Carleton College.
- “A Downturn Favors the Prepared, Even for Southeast Asian Companies ,” Brief, septiembre 20, 2019
- “Payments Just Want to Be “Free”—How Can Providers Adapt?,” Brief, septiembre 18, 2019
- “How Europe’s Banks Can Recapture the Capital Markets Business at Home ,” Brief, septiembre 02, 2019
- “Rebooting a Digital Solution to Trade Finance,” Brief, octubre 21, 2018
- “Asia’s Conglomerates: End of the Road?,” Brief, septiembre 14, 2018