Thomas Olsen is a partner in our New York office. He coordinates the Corporate and Transaction Banking and Capital Markets sectors in our Financial Services practice and formerly led our Strategy and Corporate Finance practices in Asia-Pacific.
He has more than 20 years of financial services and management consulting experience.
Thomas has extensive experience across developed and developing markets, working with large financial institutions in banking, capital markets, and insurance. He is the global leader of our digital asset and blockchain practice. Additionally, he holds deep expertise in corporate and portfolio strategy, M&A, risk, liquidity and capital management, and organizational design.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Thomas was a partner with another global consulting firm in London, Singapore, São Paulo, and Zurich. He also spent five years with the World Bank, based in Washington DC and Caracas.
Thomas holds an MBA from INSEAD, an MSc from Cornell University, and a BA from Carleton College.
- “Is Buy Now, Pay Later Here to Stay?,” スナップチャート, 2022年3月24日
- “The Next Growth Horizon in Financial Market Infrastructure: Advanced Data and Analytics,” 論説, 2021年8月26日
- “SPACs: Tapping an Evolving Opportunity,” Global Private Equity Report, 2021年3月1日, レポート
- “Using M&A to Evolve Financial Market Infrastructure,” M&A Report, 2021年2月16日, レポート
- “For Digital Assets, Private Markets Offer the Greatest Opportunities ,” 論説, 2020年12月16日
In the News
- “Banks tried to kill crypto and failed. Now they’re embracing it (slowly),” The New York Times, 2021年11月1日, 金融サービス
- “Lower rates are accelerating problems in investment banking: Bain & Company,” CNBC, 2019年9月9日, 銀行
- “Plan for 'continued uncertainty' on the trade war: Bain & Company,” CNBC, 2019年4月3日, プライベートエクイティ
- “The digitisation of trade’s paper trail may be at hand,” The Economist, 2018年3月22日, 金融サービス
- “Supply-chain finance: The missing link,” The Economist, 2017年10月14日, 金融サービス