Thomas Olsen is a partner in our New York office. He coordinates the Corporate and Transaction Banking and Capital Markets sectors in our Financial Services practice and formerly led our Strategy and Corporate Finance practices in Asia-Pacific.
He has more than 20 years of financial services and management consulting experience.
Thomas has extensive experience across developed and developing markets, working with large financial institutions in banking, capital markets, and insurance. He is the global leader of our digital asset and blockchain practice. Additionally, he holds deep expertise in corporate and portfolio strategy, M&A, risk, liquidity and capital management, and organizational design.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Thomas was a partner with another global consulting firm in London, Singapore, São Paulo, and Zurich. He also spent five years with the World Bank, based in Washington DC and Caracas.
Thomas holds an MBA from INSEAD, an MSc from Cornell University, and a BA from Carleton College.
- “The Next Growth Horizon in Financial Market Infrastructure: Advanced Data and Analytics,” Brief, agosto 2021
- “SPACs: Tapping an Evolving Opportunity,” Global Private Equity Report, marzo 2021, Report
- “Using M&A to Evolve Financial Market Infrastructure,” M&A Report, febbraio 2021, Report
- “For Digital Assets, Private Markets Offer the Greatest Opportunities ,” Brief, dicembre 2020
- “Covid-19 Boosts the Trajectory of B2B Digital Payments,” Infographic, settembre 2020
In the News
- “Banks tried to kill crypto and failed. Now they’re embracing it (slowly),” The New York Times, novembre 2021, Servizi Finanziari
- “Lower rates are accelerating problems in investment banking: Bain & Company,” CNBC, settembre 2019, Banking
- “Plan for 'continued uncertainty' on the trade war: Bain & Company,” CNBC, aprile 2019, Private Equity
- “The digitisation of trade’s paper trail may be at hand,” The Economist, marzo 2018, Servizi Finanziari
- “Supply-chain finance: The missing link,” The Economist, ottobre 2017, Servizi Finanziari