Thomas Olsen is a partner in our New York office. He coordinates the Corporate and Transaction Banking and Capital Markets sectors in our Financial Services practice and formerly led our Strategy and Corporate Finance practices in Asia-Pacific.
He has more than 20 years of financial services and management consulting experience.
Thomas has extensive experience across developed and developing markets, working with large financial institutions in banking, capital markets and insurance. He holds deep expertise in corporate and portfolio strategy, M&A, risk, liquidity and capital management and organizational design.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Thomas was a partner with another global consulting firm in London, Singapore, São Paulo and Zurich. He also spent five years with the World Bank, based in Washington DC and Caracas.
Thomas holds an MBA from INSEAD, an MSc from Cornell University and a BA from Carleton College.
- “Covid-19 Boosts the Trajectory of B2B Digital Payments,” Infographic, 2020년9월15일
- “Implications for Fintech and Payments Private Equity Investors,” Webinar, 2020년5월19일
- “Contactless Payments’ Time Has Come,” 스냅차트, 2020년4월30일
- “Retail Payments During and Beyond the Crisis,” Webinar, 2020년4월30일
- “The Covid-19 Tipping Point for Digital Payments ,” Brief, 2020년4월29일
In the News
- “Lower rates are accelerating problems in investment banking: Bain & Company,” CNBC, 2019년9월9일, 뱅킹
- “Plan for 'continued uncertainty' on the trade war: Bain & Company,” CNBC, 2019년4월3일, 사모펀드
- “The digitisation of trade’s paper trail may be at hand,” The Economist, 2018년3월22일, 금융 서비스
- “Supply-chain finance: The missing link,” The Economist, 2017년10월14일, 금융 서비스
- “HSBC takes tech route to end trade paper trail,” Financial Times, 2017년8월10일, 금융 서비스