Thomas Olsen is a partner in our New York office. He coordinates the Corporate and Transaction Banking and Capital Markets sectors in our Financial Services practice and formerly led our Strategy and Corporate Finance practices in Asia-Pacific.
He has more than 20 years of financial services and management consulting experience.
Thomas has extensive experience across developed and developing markets, working with large financial institutions in banking, capital markets and insurance. He holds deep expertise in corporate and portfolio strategy, M&A, risk, liquidity and capital management and organizational design.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Thomas was a partner with another global consulting firm in London, Singapore, São Paulo and Zurich. He also spent five years with the World Bank, based in Washington DC and Caracas.
Thomas holds an MBA from INSEAD, an MSc from Cornell University and a BA from Carleton College.
- “Implications for Fintech and Payments Private Equity Investors,” Webinar, 19. Mai 2020
- “Contactless Payments’ Time Has Come,” Snap Chart, 30. April 2020
- “Retail Payments During and Beyond the Crisis,” Webinar, 30. April 2020
- “The Covid-19 Tipping Point for Digital Payments ,” Brief, 29. April 2020
- “Behind the Scenes of Commerce, Covid-19 Hits the Payments Sector Hard,” Snap Chart, 14. April 2020
In the News
- “Lower rates are accelerating problems in investment banking: Bain & Company,” CNBC, 9. September 2019, Bankensektor
- “Plan for 'continued uncertainty' on the trade war: Bain & Company,” CNBC, 3. April 2019, Private Equity
- “The digitisation of trade’s paper trail may be at hand,” The Economist, 22. März 2018, Finanzdienstleistungen
- “Supply-chain finance: The missing link,” The Economist, 14. Oktober 2017, Finanzdienstleistungen
- “HSBC takes tech route to end trade paper trail,” Financial Times, 10. August 2017, Finanzdienstleistungen