Kara Murphy is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. She has worked at Bain since 2000.
Kara has led more than 175 healthcare private equity diligences and has worked extensively with private-equity backed portfolio companies. Her private equity work spans the healthcare value chain of med tech, pharma, providers, payers, services and IT.
Kara also has worked with corporate clients across the healthcare value chain on issues ranging from M&A to growth strategy to performance improvement.
Kara earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is also a graduate of Tufts University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Quantitative Economics.
- “ Healthcare and Covid-19: The Aftershocks,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, 11.06.2020 , Podcast
- “Healthcare and Covid-19: The Earthquake,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, 04.06.2020 , Podcast
- “Covid-19: Implications for Healthcare Private Equity Investors,” Webinar, 31.03.2020
- “Megamergers Boost Healthcare M&A to New High,” Snap Chart, 23.03.2020
- “Private Equity Investors Flock to Resilient Healthcare Industry,” Snap Chart, 18.03.2020
In the News
- “HCIT M&A in the wake of COVID-19; Blackstone goes shopping,” PE Hub, 12.03.2020 , Здравоохранение
- “Column: Bain's Kara Murphy on the Amazon Effect, provider deal flow ,” Buyouts, 18.04.2018 , Здравоохранение
- “Early Move Into Behavioral Health Leads to 12-Times Return for Waud,” WSJ Pro, 27.03.2018 , Прямые инвестиции
- “Back to School: Bar rises for healthcare investors,” Buyouts, 01.05.2017 , Здравоохранение
- “Pharma Investment 2017,” The Deal, 07.02.2017 , Здравоохранение