Kara Murphy is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. She has worked at Bain since 2000.
Kara has led more than 175 healthcare private equity diligences and has worked extensively with private-equity backed portfolio companies. Her private equity work spans the healthcare value chain of med tech, pharma, providers, payers, services and IT.
Kara also has worked with corporate clients across the healthcare value chain on issues ranging from M&A to growth strategy to performance improvement.
Kara earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is also a graduate of Tufts University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Quantitative Economics.
- “Welcome Letter: Fertile Conditions for Healthcare Private Equity Investment,” Report, 17.03.2021
- “Healthcare Private Equity Market 2020: The Year in Review,” Report, 17.03.2021
- “The Covid-19 Paradox: Widespread Repercussions for Demand, but New Healthcare Investment Opportunities as Well,” Report, 17.03.2021
- “Healthcare Private Equity in North America: Bring On the Gem Assets,” Report, 17.03.2021
- “Healthcare Providers: New Roll-Up Candidates and a New Look for Risk-Bearing Providers,” Report, 16.03.2021
In the News
- “Healthcare private equity buyouts posted record-setting volumes in 2020 after a year of unprecedented upheaval for global healthcare,” Press release, 16.03.2021
- “HCIT M&A in the wake of COVID-19; Blackstone goes shopping,” PE Hub, 12.03.2020 , Здравоохранение
- “Column: Bain's Kara Murphy on the Amazon Effect, provider deal flow ,” Buyouts, 18.04.2018 , Здравоохранение
- “Early Move Into Behavioral Health Leads to 12-Times Return for Waud,” WSJ Pro, 27.03.2018 , Прямые инвестиции
- “Back to School: Bar rises for healthcare investors,” Buyouts, 01.05.2017 , Здравоохранение