Kara Murphy is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. She has worked at Bain since 2000.
Kara has led more than 175 healthcare private equity diligences and has worked extensively with private-equity backed portfolio companies. Her private equity work spans the healthcare value chain of med tech, pharma, providers, payers, services and IT.
Kara also has worked with corporate clients across the healthcare value chain on issues ranging from M&A to growth strategy to performance improvement.
Kara earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is also a graduate of Tufts University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Quantitative Economics.
- “Welcome Letter: Sizing Up the Great Adaptation,” Report, 16.03.2022
- “Healthcare Private Equity Market 2021: The Year in Review ,” Report, 16.03.2022
- “Covid-19 Fallout: Investing to Handle Pandemics Present and Future,” Report, 16.03.2022
- “Now Playing: The Return of the Healthcare Megadeal,” Report, 16.03.2022
- “Growth Equity Blossoms in Emerging Tech-Related Healthcare Firms ,” Report, 15.03.2022
In the News
- “Megadeals are here to stay, and they’re redefining the healthcare landscape,” Press release, 15.03.2022
- “Healthcare private equity buyouts posted record-setting volumes in 2020 after a year of unprecedented upheaval for global healthcare,” Press release, 16.03.2021
- “HCIT M&A in the wake of COVID-19; Blackstone goes shopping,” PE Hub, 12.03.2020 , Здравоохранение
- “Column: Bain's Kara Murphy on the Amazon Effect, provider deal flow ,” Buyouts, 18.04.2018 , Здравоохранение
- “Early Move Into Behavioral Health Leads to 12-Times Return for Waud,” WSJ Pro, 27.03.2018 , Прямые инвестиции