Kara Murphy is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. She has worked at Bain since 2000.
Kara has led more than 175 healthcare private equity diligences and has worked extensively with private-equity backed portfolio companies. Her private equity work spans the healthcare value chain of med tech, pharma, providers, payers, services and IT.
Kara also has worked with corporate clients across the healthcare value chain on issues ranging from M&A to growth strategy to performance improvement.
Kara earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is also a graduate of Tufts University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Quantitative Economics.
- “Healthcare as National Defense,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, 2021년5월5일, Podcast
- “Healthcare Heroics,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, 2021년4월28일, Podcast
- “Deals Roll On: Healthcare Private Equity Withstands the Pandemic’s Rout,” Infographic, 2021년4월20일
- “Welcome Letter: Fertile Conditions for Healthcare Private Equity Investment,” Report, 2021년3월17일
- “Healthcare Private Equity Market 2020: The Year in Review,” Report, 2021년3월17일
In the News
- “Healthcare private equity buyouts posted record-setting volumes in 2020 after a year of unprecedented upheaval for global healthcare,” Press release, 2021년3월16일
- “HCIT M&A in the wake of COVID-19; Blackstone goes shopping,” PE Hub, 2020년3월12일, 헬스케어
- “Column: Bain's Kara Murphy on the Amazon Effect, provider deal flow ,” Buyouts, 2018년4월18일, 헬스케어
- “Early Move Into Behavioral Health Leads to 12-Times Return for Waud,” WSJ Pro, 2018년3월27일, 사모펀드
- “Back to School: Bar rises for healthcare investors,” Buyouts, 2017년5월1일, 헬스케어