Kara Murphy is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. She has worked at Bain since 2000.
Kara has led more than 175 healthcare private equity diligences and has worked extensively with private-equity backed portfolio companies. Her private equity work spans the healthcare value chain of med tech, pharma, providers, payers, services and IT.
Kara also has worked with corporate clients across the healthcare value chain on issues ranging from M&A to growth strategy to performance improvement.
Kara earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is also a graduate of Tufts University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Quantitative Economics.
- “Healthcare as National Defense,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, 2021年5月5日, Podcast
- “Healthcare Heroics,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, 2021年4月28日, Podcast
- “Deals Roll On: Healthcare Private Equity Withstands the Pandemic’s Rout,” インフォグラフィック, 2021年4月20日
- “Welcome Letter: Fertile Conditions for Healthcare Private Equity Investment,” レポート, 2021年3月17日
- “Healthcare Private Equity Market 2020: The Year in Review,” レポート, 2021年3月17日
In the News
- “Healthcare private equity buyouts posted record-setting volumes in 2020 after a year of unprecedented upheaval for global healthcare,” Press release, 2021年3月16日
- “HCIT M&A in the wake of COVID-19; Blackstone goes shopping,” PE Hub, 2020年3月12日, ヘルスケア
- “Column: Bain's Kara Murphy on the Amazon Effect, provider deal flow ,” Buyouts, 2018年4月18日, ヘルスケア
- “Early Move Into Behavioral Health Leads to 12-Times Return for Waud,” WSJ Pro, 2018年3月27日, プライベートエクイティ
- “Back to School: Bar rises for healthcare investors,” Buyouts, 2017年5月1日, ヘルスケア