Kara Murphy is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. She has worked at Bain since 2000.
Kara has led more than 175 healthcare private equity diligences and has worked extensively with private-equity backed portfolio companies. Her private equity work spans the healthcare value chain of med tech, pharma, providers, payers, services and IT.
Kara also has worked with corporate clients across the healthcare value chain on issues ranging from M&A to growth strategy to performance improvement.
Kara earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is also a graduate of Tufts University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Quantitative Economics.
- “ Healthcare and Covid-19: The Aftershocks,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, 11. Juni 2020, Podcast
- “Healthcare and Covid-19: The Earthquake,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, 4. Juni 2020, Podcast
- “Covid-19: Implications for Healthcare Private Equity Investors,” Webinar, 31. März 2020
- “Megamergers Boost Healthcare M&A to New High,” Snap Chart, 23. März 2020
- “Private Equity Investors Flock to Resilient Healthcare Industry,” Snap Chart, 18. März 2020
In the News
- “HCIT M&A in the wake of COVID-19; Blackstone goes shopping,” PE Hub, 12. März 2020, Gesundheitswesen
- “Column: Bain's Kara Murphy on the Amazon Effect, provider deal flow ,” Buyouts, 18. April 2018, Gesundheitswesen
- “Early Move Into Behavioral Health Leads to 12-Times Return for Waud,” WSJ Pro, 27. März 2018, Private Equity
- “Back to School: Bar rises for healthcare investors,” Buyouts, 1. Mai 2017, Gesundheitswesen
- “Pharma Investment 2017,” The Deal, 7. Februar 2017, Gesundheitswesen