Kara Murphy is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. She has worked at Bain since 2000.
Kara has led more than 175 healthcare private equity diligences and has worked extensively with private-equity backed portfolio companies. Her private equity work spans the healthcare value chain of med tech, pharma, providers, payers, services and IT.
Kara also has worked with corporate clients across the healthcare value chain on issues ranging from M&A to growth strategy to performance improvement.
Kara earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is also a graduate of Tufts University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Quantitative Economics.
- “Welcome Letter: Fertile Conditions for Healthcare Private Equity Investment,” Report, 17. März 2021
- “Healthcare Private Equity Market 2020: The Year in Review,” Report, 17. März 2021
- “The Covid-19 Paradox: Widespread Repercussions for Demand, but New Healthcare Investment Opportunities as Well,” Report, 17. März 2021
- “Healthcare Private Equity in North America: Bring On the Gem Assets,” Report, 17. März 2021
- “Healthcare Providers: New Roll-Up Candidates and a New Look for Risk-Bearing Providers,” Report, 16. März 2021