- Japan Representative. More than 25 years of consulting experience spanning the globe, including the United States, Argentina, Germany, India, Switzerland and Japan.
David Michels is the global leader of our Change and Implementation practice and a senior transformation coach, based in Tokyo as a Japan Representative.
David joined Bain over 25 years ago and has worked with a wide variety of organizations, leading large-scale programs on topics including operating model, growth strategy, commercial business model development, culture change, and team effectiveness, as well as operational improvement. He is known for his ability to inspire executives and their teams and roll up his sleeves to help them deliver sustained results. His approach to co-creating pragmatic solutions combines insight-rich analytics, leadership coaching, and delivery risk mitigation to address the what, who and how of change.
David's work has spanned a range of industries, including healthcare, industrials, consumer products, retail, financial services, private equity, and high technology. He is a frequent author and speaker on leadership, transformation, and change.
As a dual U.S.-Swiss citizen, he brings a global perspective to his clients by way of his experience across multiple geographies. He has previously lived and worked in the United States, Argentina, Germany, India, and Switzerland.
David earned his MBA from Harvard Business School and is a graduate of Duke University, from which he received a B.A. in Economics and International Relations.
- “More Human, Not Less: Insights On The Future Of Work,” Forbes.com, enero 18, 2022, Article
- “Bain & Company appoints David Michels as new Japan representative,” Press release, diciembre 22, 2021
- “A New Year’s Resolution For 2022: Deploying Your Skills To Lead Through Change,” Forbes.com, diciembre 13, 2021, Article
- “Win the Leadership Marathon,” Forbes.com, noviembre 29, 2021, Article
- “The Fine Art Of Course Correction,” Forbes.com, octubre 25, 2021, Article
- “Tapping the Power of Corporate Purpose,” Forbes.com, septiembre 23, 2021, Article
- “Change Power: How Worley Improved Its Capacity for Change ,” Webinar, septiembre 02, 2021
- “Connecting The Disconnected: Overcoming The Hybrid Work Dilemma,” Forbes.com, agosto 27, 2021, Article
- “The Impact of Covid-19 Lockdowns on Businesses,” Video, agosto 18, 2021
- “Three Steps to Make Training Stick,” Brief, agosto 04, 2021
- “Leading From The Minority,” Forbes.com, julio 30, 2021, Article
- “What’s Your Company’s Change Archetype?,” Forbes.com, julio 06, 2021, Article
- “Bain & Company launches Change Power Index a new system of assessing companies’ capacity for change,” Press release, julio 02, 2021
- “How Good Is Your Company at Change?,” Harvard Business Review, junio 15, 2021, Article
- “The Future Of Work Is Change,” Forbes.com, junio 04, 2021, Article
- “It’s A Small World After All,” Forbes.com, abril 22, 2021, Article
- “How to Build a Corporate Purpose That Will Help Navigate Change,” Forbes.com, marzo 02, 2021, Article
- “What Meetings Will Look like in the Future,” Forbes.com, febrero 01, 2021, Article
- “A New Year’s Resolution For 2021: Harness the Power to Change,” Forbes.com, diciembre 22, 2020, Article
- “Expanding the US Tech Talent Pool,” Infographic, noviembre 30, 2020