David Michels is a partner and director in Bain & Company's Zurich office. He is the EMEA leader for the firm's Results Delivery® practice and is also a leader in Bain's Customer Strategy & Marketing and Healthcare practices.
David joined Bain 20 years ago and has worked with a wide variety of organizations, leading large-scale programs on topics including operating model, growth strategy, commercial business model development, culture change and team effectiveness and operational improvement. He is known for his ability to inspire executives and their teams and roll up his sleeves to help them deliver sustained results. His approach to co-creating pragmatic solutions combines insight-rich analytics, leadership alignment and behavior change and delivery risk mitigation to address the what, who and how of change.
David's work has spanned a range of industries, including healthcare, industrials, consumer products, private equity and high technology. He has authored several articles on the topic of customer centricity and has been a frequent speaker on the topics of Results Delivery and leadership.
He brings a global perspective to his clients by way of his experience across multiple geographies, having lived and worked in the United States, Argentina, Germany, India and currently Switzerland.
David received his MBA from the Harvard Business School, and is a graduate of Duke University where he received a BA in Economics and International Relations.
- “Locating the Displaced: An NGO's Lessons on Leadership and Innovation,” Forbes.com, 2019年8月29日, 記事
- “How to Manage the Waves of Change,” 記事, 2019年8月26日
- “The Trust Crisis in Business,” Forbes.com, 2019年6月26日, 記事
- “The Revenge of EQ,” Forbes.com, 2019年6月11日, 記事
- “Change Is Changing ,” Forbes.com, 2019年4月29日, 記事
- “Why Companies That Embrace "Red Is Good" Get the Best Results,” Forbes.com, 2019年4月5日, 記事
- “Change Is Painful, and That's OK,” Forbes.com, 2019年3月5日, 記事
- “A Business Transformation Starts From Within,” Forbes.com, 2019年2月5日, 記事
- “Engage to Win,” Managing Change Blog, 2018年9月7日, 記事
- “Results Delivery®: Busting Three Common Myths of Change Management,” 論説, 2018年8月2日
- “Soul Searching: True Transformations Start Within,” 論説, 2018年6月13日
- “Never Waste a Good Transformation,” Managing Change Blog, 2018年1月12日, 記事
- “Culture's Role in Corporate Transformation,” Managing Change Blog, 2017年12月15日, 記事
- “The Best Way to Align Leaders: Disagree, Debate, Repeat,” Managing Change Blog, 2017年6月27日, 記事
- “Is Your Change Creating a Flood?,” Forbes.com, 2017年6月15日, 記事
- “Red Is Good: Why Smart Leaders Question the Green in Performance Dashboards,” Managing Change Blog, 2017年5月3日, 記事
- “Because I Said So: Lessons in Parenting and Change Management,” Managing Change Blog, 2017年5月2日, 記事
- “Is Your Change Creating a Flood?,” Managing Change Blog, 2017年4月27日, 記事
- “Three Questions to Spur Corporate Change Efforts,” Forbes.com, 2016年4月14日, 記事
- “Beyond the Pill: How to Improve the Customer Experience in Pharma,” 論説, 2014年12月17日