David Michels is a partner and director in Bain & Company's Zurich office. He is the EMEA leader for the firm's Results Delivery® practice and is also a leader in Bain's Customer Strategy & Marketing and Healthcare practices.
David joined Bain 20 years ago and has worked with a wide variety of organizations, leading large-scale programs on topics including operating model, growth strategy, commercial business model development, culture change and team effectiveness and operational improvement. He is known for his ability to inspire executives and their teams and roll up his sleeves to help them deliver sustained results. His approach to co-creating pragmatic solutions combines insight-rich analytics, leadership alignment and behavior change and delivery risk mitigation to address the what, who and how of change.
David's work has spanned a range of industries, including healthcare, industrials, consumer products, private equity and high technology. He has authored several articles on the topic of customer centricity and has been a frequent speaker on the topics of Results Delivery and leadership.
He brings a global perspective to his clients by way of his experience across multiple geographies, having lived and worked in the United States, Argentina, Germany, India and currently Switzerland.
David received his MBA from the Harvard Business School, and is a graduate of Duke University where he received a BA in Economics and International Relations.
- “Should the Line Lead Change? Answering Transformation’s No. 1 Question.,” Forbes.com, 24 octobre 2019, Article
- “Going Pi-shaped: How to Prepare for the Work of the Future,” Forbes.com, 4 octobre 2019, Article
- “Locating the Displaced: An NGO's Lessons on Leadership and Innovation,” Forbes.com, 29 août 2019, Article
- “How to Manage the Waves of Change,” Article, 26 août 2019
- “The Trust Crisis in Business,” Forbes.com, 26 juin 2019, Article
- “The Revenge of EQ,” Forbes.com, 11 juin 2019, Article
- “Change Is Changing ,” Forbes.com, 29 avril 2019, Article
- “Why Companies That Embrace "Red Is Good" Get the Best Results,” Forbes.com, 5 avril 2019, Article
- “Change Is Painful, and That's OK,” Forbes.com, 5 mars 2019, Article
- “A Business Transformation Starts From Within,” Forbes.com, 5 février 2019, Article
- “Engage to Win,” Managing Change Blog, 7 septembre 2018, Article
- “Results Delivery®: Busting Three Common Myths of Change Management,” Etude, 2 août 2018
- “Soul Searching: True Transformations Start Within,” Etude, 13 juin 2018
- “Never Waste a Good Transformation,” Managing Change Blog, 12 janvier 2018, Article
- “Culture's Role in Corporate Transformation,” Managing Change Blog, 15 décembre 2017, Article
- “The Best Way to Align Leaders: Disagree, Debate, Repeat,” Managing Change Blog, 27 juin 2017, Article
- “Is Your Change Creating a Flood?,” Forbes.com, 15 juin 2017, Article
- “Red Is Good: Why Smart Leaders Question the Green in Performance Dashboards,” Managing Change Blog, 3 mai 2017, Article
- “Because I Said So: Lessons in Parenting and Change Management,” Managing Change Blog, 2 mai 2017, Article
- “Is Your Change Creating a Flood?,” Managing Change Blog, 27 avril 2017, Article