- Japan Representative. More than 25 years of consulting experience spanning the globe, including the United States, Argentina, Germany, India, Switzerland and Japan.
David Michels is the global leader of our Change and Implementation practice and a senior transformation coach, based in Tokyo as a Japan Representative.
David joined Bain over 25 years ago and has worked with a wide variety of organizations, leading large-scale programs on topics including operating model, growth strategy, commercial business model development, culture change, and team effectiveness, as well as operational improvement. He is known for his ability to inspire executives and their teams and roll up his sleeves to help them deliver sustained results. His approach to co-creating pragmatic solutions combines insight-rich analytics, leadership coaching, and delivery risk mitigation to address the what, who and how of change.
David's work has spanned a range of industries, including healthcare, industrials, consumer products, retail, financial services, private equity, and high technology. He is a frequent author and speaker on leadership, transformation, and change.
As a dual U.S.-Swiss citizen, he brings a global perspective to his clients by way of his experience across multiple geographies. He has previously lived and worked in the United States, Argentina, Germany, India, and Switzerland.
David earned his MBA from Harvard Business School and is a graduate of Duke University, from which he received a B.A. in Economics and International Relations.
- “More Human, Not Less: Insights On The Future Of Work,” Forbes.com, 18 janvier 2022, Article
- “A New Year’s Resolution For 2022: Deploying Your Skills To Lead Through Change,” Forbes.com, 13 décembre 2021, Article
- “Win the Leadership Marathon,” Forbes.com, 29 novembre 2021, Article
- “The Fine Art Of Course Correction,” Forbes.com, 25 octobre 2021, Article
- “Tapping the Power of Corporate Purpose,” Forbes.com, 23 septembre 2021, Article
- “Change Power: How Worley Improved Its Capacity for Change ,” Webinar, 2 septembre 2021
- “Connecting The Disconnected: Overcoming The Hybrid Work Dilemma,” Forbes.com, 27 août 2021, Article
- “The Impact of Covid-19 Lockdowns on Businesses,” Video, 18 août 2021
- “Three Steps to Make Training Stick,” Etude, 4 août 2021
- “Leading From The Minority,” Forbes.com, 30 juillet 2021, Article
- “What’s Your Company’s Change Archetype?,” Forbes.com, 6 juillet 2021, Article
- “How Good Is Your Company at Change?,” Harvard Business Review, 15 juin 2021, Article
- “The Future Of Work Is Change,” Forbes.com, 4 juin 2021, Article
- “It’s A Small World After All,” Forbes.com, 22 avril 2021, Article
- “How to Build a Corporate Purpose That Will Help Navigate Change,” Forbes.com, 2 mars 2021, Article
- “What Meetings Will Look like in the Future,” Forbes.com, 1 février 2021, Article
- “A New Year’s Resolution For 2021: Harness the Power to Change,” Forbes.com, 22 décembre 2020, Article
- “Expanding the US Tech Talent Pool,” Infographic, 30 novembre 2020
- “Tested by Fire: Three Keys to Making Better Decisions through Disruption,” Etude, 17 novembre 2020
- “Four Questions (and Answers) About Covid-19’s Lasting Impact on Business,” Forbes.com, 14 septembre 2020, Article