- Global leader of our Change Management and Implementation practice
- 25 years of consulting experience spanning the globe, including the United States, Argentina, Germany, India, Switzerland and Japan
David Michels is a senior partner and our global head of change and implementation, based in Tokyo.
David joined Bain 25 years ago and has worked with a wide variety of organizations, leading large-scale programs on topics including operating model, growth strategy, commercial business model development, culture change and team effectiveness, as well as operational improvement. He is known for his ability to inspire executives and their teams and roll up his sleeves to help them deliver sustained results. His approach to co-creating pragmatic solutions combines insight-rich analytics, leadership coaching and delivery risk mitigation to address the what, who and how of change.
David's work has spanned a range of industries, including healthcare, industrials, consumer products, retail, private equity and high technology. He is a frequent author and speaker on leadership, transformation and change.
As a dual U.S.-Swiss citizen, he brings a global perspective to his clients by way of his experience across multiple geographies. He has lived and worked in the United States, Argentina, Germany, India and Switzerland.
David earned his MBA from Harvard Business School and is a graduate of Duke University, from which he received a B.A. in Economics and International Relations.
- “Reshaping the Rubber Band,” Forbes, 2020년9월15일
- “Four Questions (and Answers) About Covid-19’s Lasting Impact on Business,” Forbes.com, 2020년9월14일, Article
- “Don’t Snap Back,” Article, 2020년9월8일
- “Four Questions (And Answers) About Covid-19’s Lasting Impact on Business,” Forbes, 2020년9월1일
- “Measuring Your Organization’s Ability to Change,” Forbes.com, 2020년8월3일, Article
- “Measuring Your Organization’s Ability To Change,” Forbes, 2020년7월27일
- “Leaders at Managing Change Rank Highly with Employees,” 스냅차트, 2020년7월17일
- “Companies That Handle Change Well Rack Up Better Financial Performance,” 스냅차트, 2020년7월17일
- “Don’t Let the Covid-19 “Leadership Bump” Fade Away,” Forbes.com, 2020년7월10일, Article
- “The Power to Change,” Brief, 2020년6월29일
- “Leading During Times of Uncertainty—What Now?,” Brief, 2020년5월1일
- “Q&A with David Michels, Bain’s Global Leader for Results Delivery,” Consulting Magazine, 2020년4월28일
- “Growing Healthier after Covid-19,” Brief, 2020년4월17일
- “Coronavirus: How to Be the Leader Your People Need Right Now,” Brief, 2020년3월16일
- “Walking the Talk on Change,” Forbes.com, 2020년3월6일, Article
- “Is This Company Recession Proof? Not Yet, But It’s Doing A Lot Of Things Right,” Forbes.com, 2020년2월10일, Article
- “ A New Year’s Resolution for 2020: Change the Way You Change,” Forbes.com, 2019년12월19일, Article
- “Change Is the New Superpower,” Forbes.com, 2019년12월11일, Article
- “Should the Line Lead Change? Answering Transformation’s No. 1 Question.,” Forbes.com, 2019년10월24일, Article
- “Going Pi-shaped: How to Prepare for the Work of the Future,” Forbes.com, 2019년10월4일, Article