David Michels is a partner and director in Bain & Company's Zurich office. He is the EMEA leader for the firm's Results Delivery® practice and is also a leader in Bain's Customer Strategy & Marketing and Healthcare practices.
David joined Bain 20 years ago and has worked with a wide variety of organizations, leading large-scale programs on topics including operating model, growth strategy, commercial business model development, culture change and team effectiveness and operational improvement. He is known for his ability to inspire executives and their teams and roll up his sleeves to help them deliver sustained results. His approach to co-creating pragmatic solutions combines insight-rich analytics, leadership alignment and behavior change and delivery risk mitigation to address the what, who and how of change.
David's work has spanned a range of industries, including healthcare, industrials, consumer products, private equity and high technology. He has authored several articles on the topic of customer centricity and has been a frequent speaker on the topics of Results Delivery and leadership.
He brings a global perspective to his clients by way of his experience across multiple geographies, having lived and worked in the United States, Argentina, Germany, India and currently Switzerland.
David received his MBA from the Harvard Business School, and is a graduate of Duke University where he received a BA in Economics and International Relations.
- “Should the Line Lead Change? Answering Transformation’s No. 1 Question.,” Forbes.com, 2019년10월24일, Article
- “Going Pi-shaped: How to Prepare for the Work of the Future,” Forbes.com, 2019년10월4일, Article
- “Locating the Displaced: An NGO's Lessons on Leadership and Innovation,” Forbes.com, 2019년8월29일, Article
- “How to Manage the Waves of Change,” Article, 2019년8월26일
- “The Trust Crisis in Business,” Forbes.com, 2019년6월26일, Article
- “The Revenge of EQ,” Forbes.com, 2019년6월11일, Article
- “Change Is Changing ,” Forbes.com, 2019년4월29일, Article
- “Why Companies That Embrace "Red Is Good" Get the Best Results,” Forbes.com, 2019년4월5일, Article
- “Change Is Painful, and That's OK,” Forbes.com, 2019년3월5일, Article
- “A Business Transformation Starts From Within,” Forbes.com, 2019년2월5일, Article
- “Engage to Win,” Managing Change Blog, 2018년9월7일, Article
- “Results Delivery®: Busting Three Common Myths of Change Management,” Brief, 2018년8월2일
- “Soul Searching: True Transformations Start Within,” Brief, 2018년6월13일
- “Never Waste a Good Transformation,” Managing Change Blog, 2018년1월12일, Article
- “Culture's Role in Corporate Transformation,” Managing Change Blog, 2017년12월15일, Article
- “The Best Way to Align Leaders: Disagree, Debate, Repeat,” Managing Change Blog, 2017년6월27일, Article
- “Is Your Change Creating a Flood?,” Forbes.com, 2017년6월15일, Article
- “Red Is Good: Why Smart Leaders Question the Green in Performance Dashboards,” Managing Change Blog, 2017년5월3일, Article
- “Because I Said So: Lessons in Parenting and Change Management,” Managing Change Blog, 2017년5월2일, Article
- “Is Your Change Creating a Flood?,” Managing Change Blog, 2017년4월27일, Article