David Michels is a partner and director in Bain & Company's Zurich office. He is the EMEA leader for the firm's Results Delivery® practice and is also a leader in Bain's Customer Strategy & Marketing and Healthcare practices.
David joined Bain 20 years ago and has worked with a wide variety of organizations, leading large-scale programs on topics including operating model, growth strategy, commercial business model development, culture change and team effectiveness and operational improvement. He is known for his ability to inspire executives and their teams and roll up his sleeves to help them deliver sustained results. His approach to co-creating pragmatic solutions combines insight-rich analytics, leadership alignment and behavior change and delivery risk mitigation to address the what, who and how of change.
David's work has spanned a range of industries, including healthcare, industrials, consumer products, private equity and high technology. He has authored several articles on the topic of customer centricity and has been a frequent speaker on the topics of Results Delivery and leadership.
He brings a global perspective to his clients by way of his experience across multiple geographies, having lived and worked in the United States, Argentina, Germany, India and currently Switzerland.
David received his MBA from the Harvard Business School, and is a graduate of Duke University where he received a BA in Economics and International Relations.
- “Engage to Win,” Managing Change Blog, September 2018, Article
- “Results Delivery®: Busting Three Common Myths of Change Management,” Brief, August 2018
- “Soul Searching: True Transformations Start Within,” Brief, June 2018
- “Never Waste a Good Transformation,” Managing Change Blog, January 2018, Article
- “Culture's Role in Corporate Transformation,” Managing Change Blog, December 2017, Article
- “The Best Way to Align Leaders: Disagree, Debate, Repeat,” Managing Change Blog, June 2017, Article
- “Is Your Change Creating a Flood?,” Forbes.com, June 2017, Article
- “Red Is Good: Why Smart Leaders Question the Green in Performance Dashboards,” Managing Change Blog, May 2017, Article
- “Because I Said So: Lessons in Parenting and Change Management,” Managing Change Blog, May 2017, Article
- “Is Your Change Creating a Flood?,” Managing Change Blog, April 2017, Article
- “Three Questions to Spur Corporate Change Efforts,” Forbes.com, April 2016, Article
- “The What, Who and How of Delivering Results,” Brief, February 2016
- “Beyond the Pill: How to Improve the Customer Experience in Pharma,” Brief, December 2014
- “Can companies find love in B2B markets?,” Forbes.com, April 2014, Article
- “Do Your B2B Customers Promote Your Business?,” Brief, February 2014
- “Customer advocacy: The path to growth in healthcare,” Brief, March 2012