David Michels is a partner and director in Bain & Company's Zurich office. He is the EMEA leader for the firm's Results Delivery® practice and is also a leader in Bain's Customer Strategy & Marketing and Healthcare practices.
David joined Bain 20 years ago and has worked with a wide variety of organizations, leading large-scale programs on topics including operating model, growth strategy, commercial business model development, culture change and team effectiveness and operational improvement. He is known for his ability to inspire executives and their teams and roll up his sleeves to help them deliver sustained results. His approach to co-creating pragmatic solutions combines insight-rich analytics, leadership alignment and behavior change and delivery risk mitigation to address the what, who and how of change.
David's work has spanned a range of industries, including healthcare, industrials, consumer products, private equity and high technology. He has authored several articles on the topic of customer centricity and has been a frequent speaker on the topics of Results Delivery and leadership.
He brings a global perspective to his clients by way of his experience across multiple geographies, having lived and worked in the United States, Argentina, Germany, India and currently Switzerland.
David received his MBA from the Harvard Business School, and is a graduate of Duke University where he received a BA in Economics and International Relations.
- “Locating the Displaced: An NGO's Lessons on Leadership and Innovation,” Forbes.com, agosto 29, 2019, Article
- “How to Manage the Waves of Change,” Article, agosto 26, 2019
- “The Trust Crisis in Business,” Forbes.com, junho 26, 2019, Article
- “The Revenge of EQ,” Forbes.com, junho 11, 2019, Article
- “Change Is Changing ,” Forbes.com, abril 29, 2019, Article
- “Why Companies That Embrace "Red Is Good" Get the Best Results,” Forbes.com, abril 05, 2019, Article
- “Change Is Painful, and That's OK,” Forbes.com, março 05, 2019, Article
- “A Business Transformation Starts From Within,” Forbes.com, fevereiro 05, 2019, Article
- “Engage to Win,” Managing Change Blog, setembro 07, 2018, Article
- “Soul Searching: True Transformations Start Within,” Brief, junho 13, 2018
- “Never Waste a Good Transformation,” Managing Change Blog, janeiro 12, 2018, Article
- “Culture's Role in Corporate Transformation,” Managing Change Blog, dezembro 15, 2017, Article
- “The Best Way to Align Leaders: Disagree, Debate, Repeat,” Managing Change Blog, junho 27, 2017, Article
- “Is Your Change Creating a Flood?,” Forbes.com, junho 15, 2017, Article
- “Red Is Good: Why Smart Leaders Question the Green in Performance Dashboards,” Managing Change Blog, maio 03, 2017, Article
- “Because I Said So: Lessons in Parenting and Change Management,” Managing Change Blog, maio 02, 2017, Article
- “Is Your Change Creating a Flood?,” Managing Change Blog, abril 27, 2017, Article
- “Three Questions to Spur Corporate Change Efforts,” Forbes.com, abril 14, 2016, Article
- “The What, Who and How of Delivering Results,” Brief, fevereiro 09, 2016
- “Beyond the Pill: How to Improve the Customer Experience in Pharma,” Brief, dezembro 17, 2014