Cesar Brea is a partner and leader in our Advanced Analytics practice, focused on marketing. He is based in Boston.
He has extensive experience helping CEOs and CMOs make better use of data to improve marketing performance and build associated capabilities.
Cesar advises clients across a range of industries, with a focus on consumer products and both B2B and B2C retail. His areas of expertise include top down/bottom up media mix optimization, improving focus and accountability for programs and campaigns, digital channel innovation and optimization, marketing data strategy and platform implementation, and building and running marketing analytics teams.
Cesar returned to the firm in 2017, having previously served as a manager. Over the last decade, he founded and ran Force Five Partners, a marketing analytics consulting firm serving CMOs at large multi-channel advertisers across multiple industries, including consumer products, retail, pharmaceuticals, education and media. Earlier, he helped to build and sell two internet software firms, was SVP for sales and marketing at Razorfish, the global digital advertising agency, and was global practice leader for another global consulting firm's digital media and marketing practice.
Cesar is the author of two books on marketing analytics, Marketing and Sales Analytics (Pearson FT Press, 2014), and Pragmalytics (iUniverse, 2013). In addition, he has spoken and written widely on marketing analytics for multiple outlets.
Cesar earned an MBA from Dartmouth's Amos Tuck School, where he was named an Edward Tuck Scholar. Cesar received his undergraduate degree from Harvard College with honors in Social Studies.
Cesar and his wife Nan Leonard have triplets, including a son with severe developmental disabilities. Nan and Cesar helped to start and build Nashoba Learning Group, a school and day program for children and adults with autism and related disabilities, which now serves 160 people and continues to expand.
- “Predicting Consumer Demand in an Unpredictable World,” HBR.org, noviembre 26, 2020, Article
- “A Practitioner’s Perspective on Multi-Touch Attribution,” Video, octubre 27, 2020
- “Balancing the Modern and the Practical in Digital Marketing: A Conversation with Rob Schmults,” Video, septiembre 18, 2020
- “Data-Driven Marketing: A Conversation with Geoffrey Sanders,” Video, septiembre 09, 2020
- “From Analysts and Marketers to Analytic Marketers: A Conversation with Mike Mickunas,” Video, agosto 28, 2020