Kara Murphy is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. She has worked at Bain since 2000.
Kara has led more than 175 healthcare private equity diligences and has worked extensively with private-equity backed portfolio companies. Her private equity work spans the healthcare value chain of med tech, pharma, providers, payers, services and IT.
Kara also has worked with corporate clients across the healthcare value chain on issues ranging from M&A to growth strategy to performance improvement.
Kara earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is also a graduate of Tufts University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Quantitative Economics.
- “Heady Competition for Healthcare Assets May Change the Route to Returns,” The PE Hub Network, abril 24, 2019, Article
- “Letter from Kara Murphy and Nirad Jain,” Report, abril 17, 2019
- “Year in Review: Healthcare Megadeals Lead the Way,” Report, abril 17, 2019
- “Getting Healthcare Deals Done in a Crowded Market,” Report, abril 17, 2019
- “North America: Ample Capital Pushes Deal Activity to Record Levels,” Report, abril 17, 2019