Kara Murphy is a partner in Bain & Company's Boston office. She has worked at Bain since 2000.
Kara has led more than 175 healthcare private equity diligences and has worked extensively with private-equity backed portfolio companies. Her private equity work spans the healthcare value chain of med tech, pharma, providers, payers, services and IT.
Kara also has worked with corporate clients across the healthcare value chain on issues ranging from M&A to growth strategy to performance improvement.
Kara earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is also a graduate of Tufts University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Quantitative Economics.
- “HCIT M&A in the wake of COVID-19; Blackstone goes shopping,” PE Hub, marzo 12, 2020, Healthcare
- “Welcome Letter: Healthcare Private Equity and Corporate M&A Report 2020 ,” Report, marzo 08, 2020
- “Healthcare Private Equity Market 2019: The Year in Review ,” Report, marzo 08, 2020
- “North America: Private Equity Flocks to Healthcare, Intensifying Competition ,” Report, marzo 08, 2020
- “Healthcare Exits: Private Equity Funds Dominate, but Corporates Step Up ,” Report, marzo 08, 2020