WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH:
Imagine a role that builds on your academic and personal capabilities, providing the most interesting business challenges and the opportunity to tackle them with the brightest and most supportive peer group. A role where you’ll make an impact from day one and be set on a global career path that will maximize your future career potential.
We have a long tradition of solving the most challenging problems with notable industry leaders and our consultants are the linchpins of this success. If you’re an ambitious individual who enjoys working with the brightest, most curious minds then we’d love you to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Bain consultant, your analytical, interpersonal, creative thinking, business management and leadership skills will be called upon from day one. You will be in the thick of the action as you work side-by-side with some of the best in the business. And you will help create change.
Every day is different but a sample of the things you can expect to accomplish include:
- Research the client organization and industry; interview, conduct focus groups and facilitate workshops with client employees, management teams and other stakeholders
- Identify issues, create hypotheses and execute analysis; translate data into meaningful insights; present recommendations to key decision makers
- Move the client to action; develop a plan to implement the strategic recommendations; manage the execution
- Be a mentor to junior team members
The learning curve is steep and the rewards – global travel, influential connections, world-class global training, personal satisfaction, unparalleled career-development, and, yes, financial – are second to none.
Given the workload and performance expectations of this position, consultants are regularly required to work more than 50 hours/week to perform essential duties of the job.
The following are typical requirements to apply for the Consultant position. Please check our office information for exact deadlines, any office-specific requirements and application information.
- MBA from a top business school; MDs, JDs, PhDs and experienced professionals are also encouraged to apply
- Experience in consulting, a start-up or other business environment beneficial, but not required
- A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker
- A robust analytical skillset, endless curiosity and a penchant to think the impossible
- Must be deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are important
- Fluency in English
- Any additional language and visa requirements for the office you wish to join
For all locations, the good-faith, reasonable annualized full-time compensation for this role is commensurate with competitive geographic market rates. Additionally, in some locations compensation may vary based on several factors including, but not limited to relevant experience, education, licensure/certifications, training, and skill level.
Compensation for this role in the United States includes base salary, annual discretionary performance bonus, 401(k) plan with an annual employer contribution based on years of service and Bain’s best in class benefits package (details listed below). The annualized base compensation for this role is as follows:
- First Year Consultants: $192,000
- This role may also be eligible for other elements of discretionary compensation
- 4.5% 401(k) company contribution, which increases after 3 years of service and is 100% vested upon start date
- Bain & Company's comprehensive benefits and wellness program is designed to help employees achieve personal independence, protection and stability in the areas most important to you and your family.
- Bain pays 100% individual employee premiums for medical, dental and vision programs, offering one of the most comprehensive medical plans for employees without impacting your paycheck
- Generous paid time off, including parental leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Fully vested 401(k) company contribution
- Paid Life and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Annual fitness reimbursements
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 13 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.