WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and we have maintained a spot in the top four since its founding in 2009. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration are key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
Working alongside our generalist consultants, Bain's Advanced Analytics Group (AAG) helps clients across industries solve their biggest problems using our expertise in data science, customer insights, statistics, machine learning, data management, supply chain analytics and data engineering. Stationed in our global offices, AAG team members hold advanced degrees in computer science, engineering, AI, data science, physics, statistics, mathematics, and other quantitative disciplines, with backgrounds in a variety of fields including tech, data science, marketing analytics and academia.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a Associate Direcrtor - Software Engineer to join Bain’s Advanced Analytics Group (AAG). As part of AAG, you will work with other members of AAG and Bain Generalist Consultants build robust software solutions that solve our clients’ most important problems. As a member of the growing Analytical Application Engineering team, you will:
- Work with consulting teams on short-term projects which involve developing data solutions
- Develop and maintain long-lasting products that support internal or client needs
- Partner with Data Science, Machine Learning, and Platform Engineering teams to develop and deploy production quality code
- Develop and champion modern Data Engineering concepts to technical audiences and business stakeholders
- Implement new and innovative deployment techniques, tooling, and infrastructure automation within Bain and our clients
- Travel is required (30%)
At Bain, we work with the world’s leading companies innovating with data and delivering tomorrow’s analytical and digital products. You will be involved in the pilot stages of experimentation, to developing ideas as proofs of concept that can quickly go from deploying a micro service with a predictive model, to implementing a new digital product and A/B testing on a production app with millions of users.
When any of those tests show potential value, we need to scale them up and help the team capture that unlocked value. Sometimes, this means transforming an immature digital product into a stable, usable, and resilient one that delivers a great UX.
For all that, we are searching for innovative and fresh minds that want to join us to create elegant yet practical solutions to deal with the most challenging problems.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 10+ years at Senior or Staff level, or equivalent
- You think data first, and full stack second, but none of it scares you.
- Competency in a number of programming languages – Python, Go, Node.js, Java, etc.
- Experience with client-side technologies such as React, Angular, Vue.js, HTML and CSS
- Experience with server-side technologies such as Node.js, FastAPI, Django, Flask
- Experience with Cloud platforms and services (AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes) via Terraform Automation
- Experience implementation of large-scale structured or unstructured databases, orchestration and container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience developing data pipelines
- Experience with ETLs - doesn’t matter if it’s dbt, Beam, Airflow, Luigy, Metaflow, Kubeflow, or any other
- Experience using Pandas, Dask, Arrow, among others.
- Use Git as your main tool for versioning and collaboratingExperience with DevOps, CI/CD, Github Actions
- Exposure to LLMs, Prompt engineering, Langchain a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Curiosity, proactivity and critical thinking
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, automated testing, object-oriented programming, performance complexity, and implications of computer architecture on software performance.
- Strong knowledge in designing API interfaces
- Knowledge of data architecture, database schema design and database scalability
- Agile development methodologies
We are interested in you working with an interdisciplinary team where you’ll lead and code all aspects of analytical application and data engineering. Also, we need you to feel comfortable at every stage of a project: whether you are putting together a prototype of a crazy idea (that we don’t know what it’s going to evolve into), building production software or taking charge, of the continuous improvement of an ongoing product.
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 65 cities in 40 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. We earned a platinum rating from EcoVadis, the leading platform for environmental, social, and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains, putting us in the top 1% of all companies. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.