Company Overview :
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change-makers define the future. Across 65 cities in 40 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.
This position sits on a scrum team and is responsible for conducting quality assurance (QA) on specific software applications. Working with their agile team, and with some support from QA leader, this position plans, conducts and reports results on a variety of tests including manual, exploratory, automated regression, and performance testing. As active member of the scrum team, this position participates in all scrum ceremonies. The position works closely with QA Manager, Senior QA, and team to implement the QA process and initiatives; and with TSG Project Managers, Development Managers, and customer Project Managers to develop and execute test plans. The QA engineer works with the same individuals to assist in the development of user acceptance test plans. As experienced member of the QA team, this position is expected to participate in larger and more complex projects. The QA engineer also participates in application testing required to support Infrastructure group initiatives including operating system patches and upgrades.
Requirement, Project, and Business understanding (20%)
- Develop deep expertise in testing and the business functions (developing knowledge of how Bain works, how applications integrate, and subject matter expertise to provide more thoughtful test plans and more thorough testing)
- Build a thorough understanding of the development life cycle.
- Support team on common QA methodologies, tools, and processes, with guidance
- Understand functional and non-functional requirements and the business context for which the application is being developed. Participate in meetings and calls pertaining to requirements and clarification of requirement issues.
Test planning, design, execution, and defect management (50%)
- Development comprehensive functional and regression test plans that incorporate systematic testing of core functionality as well as assessments of the user interface and process flow
- Able to support on multiple types of testing like API, Cross browser testing or others.
- Assist the Function and customer Project Managers in the development of user acceptance test plans
- Supports test data and test environment related activities.
- Participate in the testing of all applications as necessary to support Infrastructure initiatives that include server and client operating systems patches and upgrades, new server or client software that interacts with applications supported by the Application Development team and new hardware deployments.
- Design and document test scenarios, manual test cases for the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Write, maintain, and execute automate test scripts, with assistance.
- Maintain a suite of manual and automated regression test cases, ensuring that test cases found missing during internal and external testing are incorporated into this suite. Keep the regression suite updated for all changes in requirement
- Execute the test cases and prepare test logs.
- Conduct performance testing to ensure that the application conforms to the defined performance specifications. Interpret the outcome of the testing and escalate any issues in the performance of the application.
- Report any defect found during the execution using the project's defined defect management tool.
- Troubleshoot bugs to identify ultimate root cause and then document findings in bug tracking software. Also clearly understand the impacted areas due to resolution suggested/provided by the development team.
- Work with the team to ensure bugs found in testing are resolved and retested. Update the status accordingly.
- Provide input into application test strategy, including amount of manual, exploratory, and automated tests, working with both QA leadership and scrum team
- Raise concerns, roadblocks, and impediments to scrum team and management in a timely manner
- Participates fully in all scrum ceremonies, including sprint reviews
- Help scrum team ensure sprint goal is met, including activities outside QA function when requested
- Support application deployment as necessary
- Take ownership
Able to set up and refine predesigned test automation framework as per project’s need.
Work along with developer to set up and maintain source control as well as pipelines for automated test cases in CI/CD.
- Take ownership of test deliverables of the project
- Lead or assist in initiatives within the QA team. In the process, demonstrate leadership and superior teamwork.
- Mentor and train new associates in the testing community and support their onboarding
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Business, Information technology
- 4-6 years of experience
- Individual Contributor
- Few short travels could be required for business/team collaboration
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of common software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in ETL testing, data warehousing, and data integration
- Proficiency in ETL tools and technologies, including Informatica, Talend, or SSIS, and strong SQL skills for data validation
- Experience with test automation components like Selenium Web-driver, Junit, TestNG, Cucumber and Extent reports
- Understanding of Rest API testing with working knowledge in any one tool API testing tool. (Postman, SOAP UI, Swagger UI)
- Working knowledge of test management tool
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Comfort with agile operating models
- Attention to detail and aptitude for analytical problem resolution
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for technology
- Ability to work independently and with teams