Thomas Olsen is a partner in our New York office. He coordinates the Corporate and Transaction Banking and Capital Markets sectors in our Financial Services practice and formerly led our Strategy and Corporate Finance practices in Asia-Pacific.
He has more than 20 years of financial services and management consulting experience.
Thomas has extensive experience across developed and developing markets, working with large financial institutions in banking, capital markets, and insurance. He is the global leader of our digital asset and blockchain practice. Additionally, he holds deep expertise in corporate and portfolio strategy, M&A, risk, liquidity and capital management, and organizational design.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Thomas was a partner with another global consulting firm in London, Singapore, São Paulo, and Zurich. He also spent five years with the World Bank, based in Washington DC and Caracas.
Thomas holds an MBA from INSEAD, an MSc from Cornell University, and a BA from Carleton College.
- “Is Buy Now, Pay Later Here to Stay?,” Snap Chart, 24.03.2022
- “The Next Growth Horizon in Financial Market Infrastructure: Advanced Data and Analytics,” Brief, 26.08.2021
- “SPACs: Tapping an Evolving Opportunity,” Global Private Equity Report, 01.03.2021 , Report
- “Using M&A to Evolve Financial Market Infrastructure,” M&A Report, 16.02.2021 , Report
- “For Digital Assets, Private Markets Offer the Greatest Opportunities ,” Brief, 16.12.2020
In the News
- “Banks tried to kill crypto and failed. Now they’re embracing it (slowly),” The New York Times, 01.11.2021 , Финансовые услуги
- “Lower rates are accelerating problems in investment banking: Bain & Company,” CNBC, 09.09.2019 , Банки
- “Plan for 'continued uncertainty' on the trade war: Bain & Company,” CNBC, 03.04.2019 , Прямые инвестиции
- “The digitisation of trade’s paper trail may be at hand,” The Economist, 22.03.2018 , Финансовые услуги
- “Supply-chain finance: The missing link,” The Economist, 14.10.2017 , Финансовые услуги