Thomas Olsen is a partner in our New York office. He coordinates the Corporate and Transaction Banking and Capital Markets sectors in our Financial Services practice and formerly led our Strategy and Corporate Finance practices in Asia-Pacific.
He has more than 20 years of financial services and management consulting experience.
Thomas has extensive experience across developed and developing markets, working with large financial institutions in banking, capital markets, and insurance. He is the global leader of our digital asset and blockchain practice. Additionally, he holds deep expertise in corporate and portfolio strategy, M&A, risk, liquidity and capital management, and organizational design.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Thomas was a partner with another global consulting firm in London, Singapore, São Paulo, and Zurich. He also spent five years with the World Bank, based in Washington DC and Caracas.
Thomas holds an MBA from INSEAD, an MSc from Cornell University, and a BA from Carleton College.
- “The Next Growth Horizon in Financial Market Infrastructure: Advanced Data and Analytics,” Brief, agosto 26, 2021
- “SPACs: Tapping an Evolving Opportunity,” Global Private Equity Report, marzo 01, 2021, Report
- “Using M&A to Evolve Financial Market Infrastructure,” M&A Report, febrero 16, 2021, Report
- “For Digital Assets, Private Markets Offer the Greatest Opportunities ,” Brief, diciembre 16, 2020
- “Covid-19 Boosts the Trajectory of B2B Digital Payments,” Infographic, septiembre 15, 2020
In the News
- “Banks tried to kill crypto and failed. Now they’re embracing it (slowly),” The New York Times, noviembre 01, 2021, Financial Services
- “Lower rates are accelerating problems in investment banking: Bain & Company,” CNBC, septiembre 09, 2019, Banking
- “Plan for 'continued uncertainty' on the trade war: Bain & Company,” CNBC, abril 03, 2019, Private Equity
- “The digitisation of trade’s paper trail may be at hand,” The Economist, marzo 22, 2018, Financial Services
- “Supply-chain finance: The missing link,” The Economist, octubre 14, 2017, Financial Services