John Ott is a partner in Bain & Company's Shanghai office. He is a leader in Bain's Financial Services practice.
John has more than 30 years of financial services experience with a focus on retail and wholesale banking, insurance and private equity. He works with clients on restructuring, international growth strategies, cross border expansion, organizational effectiveness, customer strategies, mergers & acquisitions and change management.
John's experience spans Europe, Asia and North America and he is a well known expert on bank restructuring in Europe and the financial services industry in emerging markets. He also supports the APEC Finance Ministers Forum on enhancing financial services and financial technology.
John is a frequent speaker at financial service industry meetings in Europe, North America and Asia. He has been quoted in The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com and South China Morning Post and has been interviewed on CNBC and CNN. He has also written pieces for The New York Times editorial page.
Outside of Bain, John sits on the board of a London-based fintech company. He previously sat on the board of two joint ventures in India and founded a global data management company based in India.
He holds a Masters degree in International Affairs from the Johns Hopkins University in Italy and Washington, DC as well as a Bachelors degree in History from Carleton College in the US.
- “Chinese companies put U.S. listing plans on ice as tensions mount ,” Reuters, junho 10, 2020, Financial Services
- “Contactless Payments’ Time Has Come,” Snap Chart, abril 30, 2020
- “The Covid-19 Tipping Point for Digital Payments ,” Brief, abril 29, 2020
- “Os impactos da COVID-19 no setor de meios de pagamentos ,” Webinar, abril 15, 2020
- “Behind the Scenes of Commerce, Covid-19 Hits the Payments Sector Hard,” Snap Chart, abril 14, 2020