Jonathon Ringer is a partner and director in Bain & Company's London office.
He has more than 20 years of management consulting experience, working with CEOs and management teams to help address their most pressing strategic issues and drive transformation.
The former leader of our EMEA Retail practice, Jonathon has worked extensively with retail clients across formats, channels, geographies and categories, including grocery, general merchandise, department stores, apparel, DIY and home & leisure, both in the UK and overseas. He has also worked with clients in the consumer goods, food service, wholesale distribution and logistics industries.
His projects have covered a broad cross-section of issues including corporate and business unit strategy, cost reduction, operational improvement, operating model design, organization effectiveness and M&A. He has deep expertise in the areas of digital/omnichannel retailing, proposition development, customer segmentation, category management, pricing, international growth and retail organization.
Jonathon is also a member of Bain's Full Potential Transformation practice. He has played various roles over the years in the leadership of the London office, including recruiting, professional development and the alumni program. He is currently a member of the firm's global Compensation & Promotion Committee.
Jonathon graduated from the University of Birmingham in 1991 with Bachelor of Commerce in Economics and Bachelor of Engineering in Manufacturing Engineering (Double First). He earned an MBA from Harvard Business School in 1997. Prior to Bain Jonathon worked for WH Smith Group and for The LEK Partnership.
- “Data: On-demand grocery start-ups face profitability challenge,” Retail Week, novembro 11, 2021, Retail
- “‘The crisis has liberated retailers’ decision making’,” Retail Week, maio 06, 2021, Retail
- “Supermarket chiefs ‘relaxed’ about Covid-19 windfall tax,” The Times, fevereiro 08, 2021
- “Jonathon Ringer: ‘Next wave of digital transformation will be inside retailers’,” RetailWeek, fevereiro 03, 2021, Retail
- “Deep dive: The great retail reset in 2021,” RetailWeek, janeiro 10, 2021