He joined Bain in 1995 and has more than 20 years of consulting experience, serving as an advisor to leading MNCs and Asian companies on strategy and operational improvement.
Mike has extensive experience working in a range of sectors, including consumer products (food, beverage, personal care, household care), retail and industrial products. His particular areas of expertise include: regionalization, growth, marketing, sales & distribution, supply chain/manufacturing, transformations, mergers, acquisitions and merger integration. Mike has deep experience working with clients at the pan-Asia level as well as on the ground in Asian markets—including developed markets (Japan, Australia, Korea) and developing markets (China, India and South East Asia). Mike also has experience working in the Middle East.
Mike has authored multiple articles on consumers and consumer markets in Asia, including a series that explores the behavior of Chinese shoppers. He is also a regular contributor to publications and a speaker at conferences on the topic of Asian consumers, regionally and globally.
Prior to joining Bain & Company, Mike worked with British-American Tobacco (BAT) on joint ventures and acquisitions in Indo-China and Eastern Europe and as an operations manager in Africa.
He holds a BSc in mechanical engineering from Edinburgh University and the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA from IMD in Switzerland.
- “Preparing for the Digital Age in ASEAN,” Video, dezembro 04, 2018
- “Consumption in China: Ten Trends for the Next 10 Years,” Brief, junho 13, 2018
- “Overcoming The Pitfalls That Keep Brands From Growing in Developing Asia,” Forbes.com, janeiro 16, 2018, Article
- “Turbocharging Consumer Products in Developing Asia,” Brief, novembro 17, 2017
- “A Showdown Brews Between Amazon and Alibaba, Far From Home,” The New York Times, outubro 22, 2017, Consumer Products