Fernando Martins is a partner in Bain & Company's Toronto office.
He is a leader in Bain's Energy & Natural Resources practice with a focus in the Agribusiness sector, as well as a member of the firm's Performance Improvement practice. He is an expert within Bain's Developing Market 100 initiative.
Fernando has more than 15 years of management consulting experience, advising leading companies across multiple industries including agriculture, chemicals, petrochemicals, metals, steel, logistics, transportation, financial services, retail and telecommunications. He holds deep expertise in corporate and business unit strategy, strategic planning, investment appraisal, corporate restructuring, operational excellence, cost reduction, purchasing and strategic sourcing.
Prior to joining Bain in 1998, Fernando worked as a reinsurance underwriter in the United States. He also worked for the Financial and Accounting department at Procter & Gamble in Brazil.
Fernando holds an MBA from Harvard Business School. He earned a BA in Business Administration from Fundação Getúlio Vargas (Brazil).
- “The Carbon Imperative: How Agribusiness Can Curb Emissions,” Brief, março 20, 2019
- “Transforming Business for a Sustainable Economy,” Brief, agosto 01, 2018
- “O que você precisa saber antes de investir em terra,” Brief, abril 25, 2018
- “Conquering the Food Challenge through Agriculture 3.0,” Brief, novembro 21, 2017
- “Land and ag companies trade at discount: Bain & Co.,” AgriInvestor, março 27, 2017, Advanced Manufacturing & Services