Usman Akhtar is a senior partner and head of Bain & Company’s Private Equity practice in Southeast Asia, based in Singapore.
Usman has more than 14 years of Bain experience, and has experience across a range of industry sectors, including technology, internet, consumer goods and retail, financial services and industrials/agribusiness. In his role in the Private Equity practice, he leads integrated diligence, post-investment value creation efforts, and fund/firm strategy in partnership with many of the leading financial investors globally and in the region.
Usman has deep accumulated experience in emerging markets growth equity and technology investing, particularly in the consumer tech and fintech realms. Much of the work he leads is for both investors as well as digital native businesses in emerging market Asia Pacific.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Usman worked as an associate in investment management and a manager in trade advisory.
He holds an MBA with distinction from INSEAD and a BA in Economics-Philosophy from Columbia University.
- “Bain’s 2022 Southeast Asia Private Equity Report,” Webinar, maio 10, 2022
- “Southeast Asia private equity market hits record deal value of $25 billion in 2021 rebounding from sharp 2020 decline,” Press release, maio 10, 2022
- “Chasing Disruption: The Brave New World of Growth Investing,” Global Private Equity Report, março 07, 2022, Report
- “Lessons from a Challenging Year for Private Equity in Southeast Asia,” Infographic, maio 25, 2021
- “Southeast Asia Private Equity – Emerging from Covid-19,” Webinar, maio 21, 2021