Dr. Uwe Schmid is an expert principal in Bain & Company's IT practice. He is based in the firm's Frankfurt office.
Uwe holds more than 15 years of consulting experience and 11 years of software industry experience.
Throughout his tenure at Bain, he has focused on IT, software and digital initiatives across multiple industries, including retail, industrial, automotive, high-tech, telecom, energy, financial services and private equity.
His core capabilities include IT architecture, strategy, organization and governance, as well as enterprise software (including enterprise resource planning, product lifecycle management and supply chain management), Agile development, and digital (including Internet of Things).
Prior to joining Bain in 2015, Uwe served as CEO of A+W Software, Managing Director at Mentor Graphics, VP of Business Development at SUSE Linux AG and VP of i2 Technologies. He also held senior positions at another top consulting firm.
He holds a PhD in physics from the Max Planck Institute of the University of Stuttgart, a master's degree in physics and computer science from Oregon State University and a graduate degree in physics from Ulm University. He is also a certified SCRUM Master.
Uwe is also a member of the IDG network of CIO and Computerwoche and publishes regularly. His current contributions are:
- "So lässt sich die Datenflut bewältigen", June 18, 2019.
- “Die Cloud spielt im digitalen Zeitalter die zentrale Rolle", February 8, 2019.
- "So funktionieren Kundenschnittstellen der nächsten Generation", October 31, 2019.
- "IT-Vision 2025 für Versicherungen", April 24, 2018.
- “More speed, fewer legacies: IT architecture in the digital age,” Brief, fevereiro 23, 2017
- “How banks upgrade their IT for the future,” Brief, setembro 16, 2015