- 25 years of consulting experience spanning the globe, including the United States, Argentina, Germany, India, Switzerland and Japan
Dave Michels is the global leader of our Change and Implementation practice and a senior transformation coach, based in Tokyo.
David joined Bain 25 years ago and has worked with a wide variety of organizations, leading large-scale programs on topics including operating model, growth strategy, commercial business model development, culture change and team effectiveness, as well as operational improvement. He is known for his ability to inspire executives and their teams and roll up his sleeves to help them deliver sustained results. His approach to co-creating pragmatic solutions combines insight-rich analytics, leadership coaching and delivery risk mitigation to address the what, who and how of change.
David's work has spanned a range of industries, including healthcare, industrials, consumer products, retail, financial services, private equity, and high technology. He is a frequent author and speaker on leadership, transformation, and change.
As a dual U.S.-Swiss citizen, he brings a global perspective to his clients by way of his experience across multiple geographies. He has lived and worked in the United States, Argentina, Germany, India and Switzerland.
David earned his MBA from Harvard Business School and is a graduate of Duke University, from which he received a B.A. in Economics and International Relations.
- “Change Power: How Worley Improved Its Capacity for Change ,” Webinar, 02.09.2021
- “Connecting The Disconnected: Overcoming The Hybrid Work Dilemma,” Forbes.com, 27.08.2021 , Article
- “The Impact of Covid-19 Lockdowns on Businesses,” Video, 18.08.2021
- “Three Steps to Make Training Stick,” Brief, 04.08.2021
- “Leading From The Minority,” Forbes.com, 30.07.2021 , Article
- “What’s Your Company’s Change Archetype?,” Forbes.com, 06.07.2021 , Article
- “Bain & Company launches Change Power Index a new system of assessing companies’ capacity for change,” Press release, 02.07.2021
- “How Good Is Your Company at Change?,” Harvard Business Review, 15.06.2021 , Article
- “The Future Of Work Is Change,” Forbes.com, 04.06.2021 , Article
- “It’s A Small World After All,” Forbes.com, 22.04.2021 , Article
- “How to Build a Corporate Purpose That Will Help Navigate Change,” Forbes.com, 02.03.2021 , Article
- “What Meetings Will Look like in the Future,” Forbes.com, 01.02.2021 , Article
- “A New Year’s Resolution For 2021: Harness the Power to Change,” Forbes.com, 22.12.2020 , Article
- “Expanding the US Tech Talent Pool,” Infographic, 30.11.2020
- “Tested by Fire: Three Keys to Making Better Decisions through Disruption,” Brief, 17.11.2020
- “Reshaping the Rubber Band,” Forbes, 15.09.2020
- “Four Questions (and Answers) About Covid-19’s Lasting Impact on Business,” Forbes.com, 14.09.2020 , Article
- “Don’t Snap Back,” Article, 08.09.2020
- “Four Questions (And Answers) About Covid-19’s Lasting Impact on Business,” Forbes, 01.09.2020
- “Measuring Your Organization’s Ability to Change,” Forbes.com, 03.08.2020 , Article