Brian is a proven marketing and operational executive known for excellence in leadership with a track record of solving complex business problems and executing to increase shareholder value. At Bain, his focus is on helping change the way corporate CMOs approach marketing in the digital age.
Brian has extensive experience leading teams through large scale change in both turn-around and high-growth situations. He is highly effective at increasing revenue and profitability as well as working across matrixed organizations. His key strengths include the ability to create winning strategies and excellence in execution, along with building high performing teams.
He holds deep expertise in marketing, strategy, branding, advertising, analytics, global, data, SEO/SEM, internet marketing, demand generation, lead generation, sales, channel management, business development, partner management, consumer marketing, small business marketing, international business and expansion.
Prior to Bain, Brian served as CMO and EVP at Nordstrom, Inc., CMO and EVP at Silicon Valley Bank, as well as VP of Marketing for several business units, and VP Advanced Analytics at Intuit, Inc.
He earned a PhD in International Relations from University of Southern California, an MA in Diplomatic History from Georgetown University and a BA in History and English from University of Washington.
- “CMOs Have an Identity Crisis—with Their CEOs,” Brief, 2019년11월26일
- “How CEOs Can Solve the CMO Dilemma,” Brief, 2019년10월10일
- “Hollywood’s Streaming Angst,” Brief, 2019년6월13일
- “Investors Find Value in Retail With Direct Sellers,” WSJ Pro, 2018년5월8일, 유통
- “Customer Lifetime Value: A Better Compass to Guide Your Marketing Automation,” Brief, 2017년8월2일