Jean-Pierre Felenbok is the office head of Bain & Company Southeast Asia. He joined the firm in 1981, became a partner in 1987, helped found the Paris and Jakarta offices and formerly served as Jakarta office head.
He headed the firm’s Jakarta office from 2013 to 2019. Under his leadership, he successfully grew the Indonesian business and team, as well as built enduring relationships with several change-oriented clients across sectors in a very competitive market.
He has also launched some of the firm's new, cutting-edge products, focused around digital transformation (microbattles, BAT) and adapted them to the context of an emerging market to great effect, while also serving on many servant leader missions and boards at Bain.
Before moving to Southeast Asia, he led the firm's Industrial Goods & Services practice for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Jean-Pierre helps owners, CEOs and senior executives of leading international companies define and reach their full potential. He advises clients on strategy, organizational effectiveness and performance improvement. His industry focus areas include energy and utilities, environmental services, heavy capital goods, construction materials and retail.
His views on business in Southeast Asia have been published and quoted in The Jakarta Post, Harvard Business Review and Financial Times. He also participates regularly in top management seminars and was a keynote speaker at the 2013 ASEAN-Europe Economic Dialogue.
Prior to joining Bain, Jean-Pierre worked as a civil engineer.
Jean-Pierre earned an MBA from Harvard Business School and a Master of Science degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is also a graduate of Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées (Paris).
- “Steps conglomerates need to take immediately in order to survive and lead amidst Covid-19,” MoneyFM, outubro 06, 2020
- “Southeast Asia Conglomerates’ Watershed Moment,” Brief, setembro 15, 2020
- “Asia’s Conglomerates: End of the Road?,” Brief, setembro 14, 2018
- “Jean-Pierre Felenbok: How Conglomerates in Southeast Asia Can Live Long and Prosper,” Video, janeiro 12, 2018
- “Southeast Asia’s Conglomerates Need to Work Harder,” The Edge Markets, março 25, 2017, Article