Jean-Pierre Felenbok is the office head of Bain & Company Southeast Asia. He joined the firm in 1981, became a partner in 1987, helped found the Paris and Jakarta offices and formerly served as Jakarta office head.
Before moving to Southeast Asia, he led the firm's Energy & Natural Resources practice for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. He is also an expert in the firms’ Real Estate practice.
Jean-Pierre helps owners, CEOs and senior executives of leading international companies define and reach their full potential. As a leader in the firm's Industrial Goods and Services practice, he advises clients on strategy, organizational effectiveness and performance improvement. His industry focus areas include energy and utilities, environmental services, heavy capital goods, construction materials and retail.
His views on business in Southeast Asia have been published and quoted in The Jakarta Post, Harvard Business Review, Financial Times, EFMA and Revue Banque. He also participates regularly in top management seminars and was a keynote speaker at the 2013 ASEAN-Europe Economic Dialogue.
Prior to joining Bain, Jean-Pierre worked as a civil engineer.
Jean-Pierre earned an MBA from Harvard Business School and a Master of Science degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is also a graduate of Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées (Paris).
- “Asia’s Conglomerates: End of the Road?,” Brief, 2018년9월14일
- “Southeast Asia’s Conglomerates Need to Work Harder,” The Edge Markets, 2017년3월25일, Article
- “Region's Conglomerates Must Stay Competitive,” The Business Times, 2017년3월23일, Article
- “How Conglomerates in Southeast Asia Can Live Long and Prosper,” Brief, 2017년1월18일
- “Bigger Isn't Always Better,” AsiaOne, 2015년6월10일, Article