Michael Brookshire is a partner in Bain & Company's Dallas office and has been with the firm since 2000. He is a member of the firm's Healthcare, Retail, Performance Improvement and Strategy practices.
Michael's primary focus is in healthcare, particularly providers and payers. He leads our provider practice in the US and spends time working with health systems, distributed providers and physician groups on growth strategy, M&A, operations and both customer and clinician experience. He also works with services companies and manufacturers on their channel strategy and operations.
Michael also leads our Service Operations product globally and has broad experience helping companies improve their customer experience, increase their operational effectiveness and lower their cost structure. He advises clients on these topics across industries, including healthcare, retail, restaurants, financial services, telecom, technology and industrials.
In addition to his client responsibilities, Michael leads human resources for Bain Texas, where he is responsible for developing human capital strategies to meet Bain's business objectives and for developing and retaining talent in the region.
Outside of Bain, Michael serves on the Board of the North Texas Food Bank as Vice Chairman.
Michael earned an MBA with high distinction from Harvard Business School, where he was a Baker Scholar. He also graduated summa cum laude from Vanderbilt University with a degree in mechanical engineering.
- “Radical Medicine for Healthcare Providers ,” Etude, 17 septembre 2020
- “Preparing for a Post-Pandemic Boom in Healthcare Consolidation,” Etude, 15 septembre 2020
- “Healthcare Payers Pivot as Pandemic Changes Member Behavior,” Etude, 14 septembre 2020
- “The Road Ahead for Hospitals: Dramatic Cost Transformations,” Infographic, 3 septembre 2020
- “Stability Is More Important to Doctors Than Ever, but Autonomy Is Key,” Etude, 3 septembre 2020