He has more than 15 years of management consulting experience, working with senior executives and management teams to address their most pressing strategic issues.
Jim advises private equity clients on commercial due diligence assignments in a variety of industries and has supported clients with fund strategy and performance improvement of their portfolio companies. He also advises clients in the telecommunications, media and technology (TMT) sectors on topics including strategy, customer experience improvement and R&D strategy.
In addition to his consulting responsibilities, Jim plays an active role in Bain's worldwide training and has served several times as program manager and trainer for various corporate training programs. He was a recipient of Bain’s annual Bright-Dix award for outstanding coaching, mentoring and people development.
Jim first joined Bain's Amsterdam office in 1999 and has worked in Europe, North America and Asia. He has been based out of the Tokyo office since 2007.
Prior to joining Bain, Jim worked as managing editor of a biweekly magazine on chemistry and the chemical industry in the Netherlands.
He obtained his MBA at Harvard Business School. He also studied at the University of Twente, where he obtained a Master's degree in Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society as well as a cum laude Master's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- “Japan Private Equity Transactions Reach Highest Level ever with Deal Value Hitting ~¥2.7T in 2021,” Press release, 2022년5월26일
- “Japan: Seven key trends,” Private Equity International, 2018년4월10일, 사모펀드
- “Mega deals fuel Japan private equity,” Private Equity International, 2017년10월16일, 사모펀드
- “Buyout giants break through the ice in Japan,” Reuters, 2017년10월6일, 사모펀드
- “LBO Focus: Japan’s Aging Population Burnishes Health Deals,” WSJ Pro, 2016년9월6일, 헬스케어