Andre James is a partner in Bain & Company's Los Angeles office. He leads Bain's Media and Entertainment practice both globally and in the Americas.
Andre has worked across most sectors in the media and entertainment industry including TV, film, video games, music, location-based entertainment, sports and consumer published media. He has supported clients on issues of growth, operations, M&A/PMI and organizational design, and has worked with media and entertainment clients in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Andre has focused much of the last decade on helping clients address the topic of digital, both taking advantage of the opportunities and grappling with the disruptions.
Andre earned an MBA from the Wharton School and a JD from the University of Pennsylvania's School of Law. He is a licensed attorney in the state of California. Andre is an alumnus of UCLA, where he received a Bachelor of Arts in business economics, graduating magna cum laude and as a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- “How Location-Based Entertainment Companies Can Rebound from the Covid-19 Crisis,” Brief, April 2020
- “Coronavirus: Here’s Streaming Platforms’ Path to Lasting Customer Relationships,” Brief, April 2020
- “Oscars 2020: Which Celebrities Played Leading Roles in the Broadcast?,” Snap Chart, February 2020
- “Super Bowl Ads Grab Gridiron Engagement,” Snap Chart, February 2020
- “Who Watched the Oscars? A Close Up on This Premium Audience,” Article, February 2019