Johanne Dessard is a global practice executive vice president of our alternative investor group.
With more than 15 years of international consulting experience, Johanne has a proven track record of driving strategic results for private equity funds, SWFs and institutional investors. Her client engagements have involved fund and asset class strategy, integrated due diligence, exit strategy blueprint and value creation planning.
She specializes in alternative investment markets and is deeply passionate about sustainable and impact investing.
Johanne is also a frequent author of insights and perspectives on global trends across the private equity sphere. Her work has been featured in numerous esteemed publications, including The Wall Street Journal (WSJ), Bloomberg, The Financial Times, The Asian Venture Capital Journal (AVCJ) and Forbes.
Prior to joining the firm, Johanne co-founded and served as a senior manager and acting COO for an Australian strategy and M&A advisory firm. She also worked for another top consulting firm. Across these roles, her work centered on the financial investor and consumer products sectors and honed her deep expertise in strategy, due diligence and transaction services.
She holds a Master of Science in Business and Economics from Ecole des Mines de Paris and a certificate in machine learning from Stanford University.
- “The Private Equity Market in 2020: Escape from the Abyss,” Global Private Equity Report, March 2021, Report
- “Asia-Pacific Private Equity Report 2020,” Report, March 2020
- “Private Equity in 2019: Strong Deal Activity Despite Worsening Macro Conditions,” Report, February 2020
- “Investing with Impact: Today’s ESG Mandate in Private Equity,” Report, February 2020
- “Private Equity Investors Embrace Impact Investing ,” Brief, April 2019