- Founder of Bain’s Customer Strategy & Marketing Practice
- Global leader of Bain’s Net Promoter System®
- Co-author of The Ultimate Question 2.0
Rob Markey is a partner in Bain & Company’s New York office and a leader in the firm’s Customer Strategy & Marketing practice. He joined Bain in 1990, and has led assignments in the financial services, telecommunications, retailing, media, professional services, health care, building equipment and food processing industries.
Rob is an expert in customer and employee loyalty, new product development and customer service strategies. He has extensive experience with direct marketing, new customer acquisition and cost reduction for clients in the retail banking, credit card and insurance businesses.
Rob leads the NPS Loyalty Forum, a group of approximately 35 senior executives from loyalty-leading companies around the world, such as The Vanguard Group, American Express, JetBlue, Telstra, TD Bank, LEGO, Progressive Insurance, PwC and Intuit. He has published numerous articles on various aspects of customer experience and loyalty in publications such as the Harvard Business Review. He is the co-author of The Ultimate Question 2.0: How Net Promoter Companies Thrive in a Customer-Driven World, by Harvard Business Review Press, a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller.
He formerly served as head of the firm’s Customer Strategy & Marketing practice.
Prior to joining Bain, he developed competitive strategy, led business development and served in product marketing for LEXIS/NEXIS and the IBM Corporation.
Rob earned an MBA from the Harvard Business School. He is a graduate of Brown University, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics. Rob helped found and for nearly a decade, served on the Board of Directors of City Year New York.
- “Introducing: Winning on Purpose,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, dezembro 02, 2021, Podcast
- “Culture, Mission, and Taking a Public Stand on a Challenging Topic,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, novembro 11, 2021, Podcast
- “Maintaining a Resilient and Customer-Focused Culture,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, novembro 04, 2021, Podcast
- “Hint Water: Plumbing a Sweet Spot in the Market,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, agosto 26, 2021, Podcast
- “Recovering the Spirit of Customer-centricity,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, agosto 05, 2021, Podcast