Through this procurement policy, we intend to make our operations more sustainable by:
- Upholding the laws and regulations of the respective countries we operate in
- Endorsing highest standards of economic, social, ethical and environmental practices
- Identifying and moderating risks associated with our procurement process
- Communicating the policy with stakeholders (internal and external) and raising awareness among our suppliers
In accordance with our commitment to the highest standards, we also expect our suppliers to aspire to the same standards in their business operations, including but not limited to:
- Comply and adhere to all the applicable environmental laws in respective countries/jurisdiction
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility such as:
- Responsible waste management and disposal
- Reduction of greenhouse gas and other emissions harmful to the environment
- Conservation of non-renewable natural resources
Labor and Human Rights:
- Comply with all applicable laws, in accordance with the principles of the International Labor Organization, the UN Global Compact and the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Prohibit slavery and the use of forced, bonded, or child labor across the supply chain
- Prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment to provide a safe and inclusive work environment
- Obey all relevant international and domestic laws regarding ethical business practices
- Demonstrate existence of procedures to prevent:
- Money laundering
- Fraud, bribery, corruption
- Conflicts of interest
- Data security issues
- Provide employees with a living wage, at a minimum
- Partner with the local governments and communities to improve the education, cultural, economic, and social well-being of communities which they operate in
We understand that procurement performance improvement is a continuous process and recognize the contribution of our suppliers in our journey to become more sustainable.
For detailed guidelines on supplier sustainability, please refer to our Supplier Code of Conduct.
At Bain, we also recognize the value of diversity and to date, have adopted in the US, a Supplier Diversity Program, to promote the inclusion of small and diverse businesses in our procurement process. To know more please click here.
For any grievances or suggestions regarding sustainable procurement practices, please write to email@example.com. Strict confidentiality will be maintained.