- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Francisco
- Washington DC
Program itineraries will vary slightly in every office but participants can expect to experience much of the following during their week with Bain:
- An introduction to the strategy consulting career and a chance to spend a ‘week-in-the-life’ of a Bain consultant
- The opportunity to tackle an important business issue, for a real Bain client, and present your findings to the Bain case team
- Mentorship from a consultant who will actively coach you through solving the business problem and presenting your findings
- Interactive trainings that teach you the business fundamentals and leadership skills needed to solve real-world business problems
- Fun social events and networking opportunities with Bainies from the local office and fellow ADvantage participants
- 1:1 conversations with firm leadership
- Early consideration and interviews for our full-time consultant positions
Who can apply:
ADvantage is intended for candidates that are currently enrolled in an advanced degree program or those that have recently graduated (1 – 3 years prior) with their advanced degree.
Eligible degree programs include:
- PhDs and postdocs
- MDs and medical residents/fellows
- PharmDs and other doctorate-level degrees
- Non-MBA Master’s with > 3 years of relevant, prior business experience after completing a Bachelor’s degree
Interviews are required in order to be considered for our ADvantage program. Interviews will consist of two, 40-minute traditional case interviews. Candidates should also be prepared to answer a few experience questions about themselves and why they are interested in consulting/ the ADvantage program.
Candidates that have been selected to interview for ADvantage will be notified via email by the end of March and interviews will take place over Zoom in April.
Interview prep resources:
ADvantage applications go live every January right here on the Bain careers website.
Application deadline is usually the first week of March.
Interested candidates should apply online as soon as they are ready. Submitting an early application will indicate your office preferences and allow us to consider you for invite-only, office-level connections and events.
- A one – two page business-format resume
- Cover letter
- Recent test scores (GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.), if applicable
- Bain office(s) of interest
In the application, you will have the ability to select up to three Bain offices that interest you the most. You will then need to allocate 100 percentage points across these office(s) to reflect your interest-level in each office. The offices that you select in your application will become the office(s) that consider you for their ADvantage program and for their full-time consultant roles following the ADvantage program.
When indicating office preferences in your application, please keep in mind that successful partcipants will receive a full-time consultant offer from the office where they completed the program. For this reason, we ask that you apply only to office(s) where you would happily accept a full-time offer.
For more information on selecting office preferences, please visit our FAQs section.
What makes an applicant stand out:
- Outstanding academic performance
- Energized by solving tough problems and driving real impact
- Demonstrated interest in business and/or consulting
- Strong leadership and team skills