Food Co.* had long emphasized profits at the expense of brand equity, product innovation, market leadership and category strategy. The company returned to growth mode by getting back to basics: focusing on its core, promoting hero brands and eliminating weak sellers.
- Focus: Bain helped Food Co. refocus on core and hero brands.
- Hero brand plans: Bain worked with cross-functional teams—notably including sales and marketing leaders—to institute coordinated plans for hero brands. The plans redirected media spending to these brands, rationalized SKUs and outlined promotion and pricing programs.
- Retail partnerships: Bain helped launch a new retail partnership to reclaim category leadership.
- New brand launch: With Bain's support, Food Co. launched a new brand to address a high-potential customer segment.
* We take our clients' confidentiality seriously. While we've changed their names, the results are real.