Mark Porter is a partner in Bain & Company's London office. He is the leader of the firm's global Chemicals practice, leads the Performance Improvement practice in London and is an expert in the Public Sector & Government and Energy & Natural Resources practices.
With nearly two decades of management consulting experience, Mark advises industry leaders on their biggest opportunities and challenges, putting processes and operating models in place to support their objectives.
As the head of Bain's Chemicals practice, he has honed deep functional expertise within the chemicals, energy and downstream industries, where he advises distributors of commodity and specialty chemicals, lubricants and petrochemicals to develop methodologies that deliver results.
Mark holds extensive experience in strategy development and implementation, complexity and cost reduction, multi-year transformations, growth strategy and asset investment appraisals. He also specializes in all aspects of M&A, such as due diligence, post-merger integration and portfolio management. His clients include both corporations and private equity investors.
Prior to joining Bain, Mark worked with Imperial Chemical Industries in a series of operations and general management roles.
Mark holds an MBA from IMD Switzerland, where he was a Dean's List scholar. He also received a master of engineering degree, with First-Class Honours, from Imperial College.
- “Five Imperatives to Thrive in a Hydrogen Future,” Etude, 25 janvier 2021
- “Davos 2019: Ending Plastic Waste,” Video, 24 janvier 2019
- “Scaling Digital in Chemicals ,” Etude, 9 janvier 2019
- “Mark Porter: How Top Chemical Companies Navigate Portfolio Decisions,” Video, 15 juin 2017
- “Balancing Cohesion and Volatility in a Chemical Portfolio,” Forbes.com, 6 avril 2017, Article