Joe joined Bain in 2007 and has extensive management consulting experience across a range of industries, including retail, energy and technology.
Joe holds deep expertise in utility strategy and scenario planning, as well as renewables strategy. He has led significant operational and performance improvement efforts for transmission and distribution (T&D) organizations, specializing in operational benchmarking and target setting, the development of performance management systems and value chain process improvements. Joe's utility supply chain transformation experience includes initiatives focused on procurement organizations, process benchmarking and redesign, sourcing strategy and implementations of spend analytics and sourcing tools.
Joe advises both publicly held companies and portfolio companies of private equity funds on their biggest opportunities and challenges. He has worked with clients in Bain's Private Equity Group on a range of topics, including fund strategy, strategic due diligence, merger integration and post-acquisition performance improvement.
Joe graduated from Harvard with honors, concentrating in French and Italian Studies. He received his MBA from Wharton, where he was a Palmer Scholar.
- “Soak Up the Sun: Can Electric Vehicles Help Balance Electricity Loads?,” 스냅차트, 2018년5월8일
- “Electric Cars Could Recharge Growth for Utilities,” Brief, 2018년4월13일
- “Three Benefits of Electric Vehicles, and How to Unlock Them,” World Economic Forum, 2018년2월15일, Article
- “How Robot Taxis Will Change Mobility Over the Next 10 Years,” World Economic Forum, 2018년1월10일, Article
- “Joe Herger: The Future of Electricity—Transforming the Grid Edge,” Video, 2017년7월5일