Kenji Govaers is a partner and director in our Tokyo office.
For more than 25 years, Kenji has supported clients in achieving significant step-changes in return on invested capital through major corporate transformation programs, mainly in consumer-centric industries and retail. His client portfolio spans Europe, the US and Japan.
With a passion for education, executive coaching and talent development, he also formerly served as Bain's global head of new partner training between 2016 and 2019. He currently sits on the Bain’s global compensation and promotion committee.
Prior to joining the firm, Kenji worked for Mars & Co, another international strategy consulting firm, as Executive Vice President for Asia-Pacific. As part of this role, he established the firm's Tokyo and Shanghai offices.
He is a regular contributor to Nikkei, Diamond Harvard Business Review and Bloomberg.
Kenji presently sits on the governance committee and council of UWC ISAK, an international school in Japan, and is a founding member of Asia Society Japan Center.
He holds a MSc in Economics and Finance from ESCP Europe, Paris.
In his free time, Kenji focuses on endurance races, including Ironman.
- “CMOs Have an Identity Crisis—with Their CEOs,” Brief, 2019년11월26일
- “How CEOs Can Solve the CMO Dilemma,” Brief, 2019년10월10일
- “Japan Is 'Overstored,' More Retailers to Consolidate, Govaers Says,” Bloomberg, 2018년10월12일, 유통
- “To Keep a Consumer Brand Top of Mind, Consider Old-School Advertising,” Forbes.com, 2017년2월7일, Article
- “Online or Traditional Advertising, What's Better for Brands?,” Brief, 2016년11월16일