He previously worked in the firm's Tokyo and Singapore offices and is a former elected member of the firm's global Board of Directors and partner Compensation and Promotion Committee. He also previously served as managing partner of our UK business.
Michael works with a select set of change-oriented senior executives and shareholders on strategy-driven corporate turnarounds and transformations. He has supported the multiyear transformation of one the UK's largest services companies, the transformation of a major European energy company, the repositioning of a leading UK telco, three of the most successful telco turnarounds in Asia and a major global technology company's successful growth effort in China.
Michael is also a leader in Bain's Social Impact efforts, with a focus on improving educational outcomes to increase social mobility. He is the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the London Early Years Foundation (LEYF), a social enterprise operating over 30 nurseries with a mission to change the life outcomes of children in disadvantaged environments.
Prior to joining Bain, he served as an officer in the United States Air Force and worked at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Michael earned an MSc in Management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan School of Management and a BSc in Foreign Service the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, where he graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa. He also studied at the former Leningrad State University.
- “A Bold Solution: How the NHS Waiting List Crisis is an Opportunity to Reimagine Care ,” 스냅차트, 2021년5월25일
- “How the NHS Waiting List Crisis Can Accelerate the Reimagining of Care ,” Brief, 2021년5월24일
- “A New Challenge: Reimagining Pathways to Solve the NHS Waiting List Crisis,” 스냅차트, 2021년5월21일
- “The UK’s Net-Zero Goal Changes Everything,” Brief, 2021년4월19일
- “Davos 2019: Creating a More Diverse Workplace,” Video, 2019년1월24일