- Leader in our Retail, Digital and Advanced Analytics practices
- Product lead for Bain Radar 360 Strategy in Retail and Disruptive Technology in Retail
Mikey Vu is a member of our Retail, Supply Chain and Advanced Analytics practices. He is the product lead for our Radar 360 Strategy in Retail and Disruptive Technology in Retail solutions.
He has more than 10 years of consulting experience and formerly worked in our Chicago and London offices.
Mikey's primary areas of focus are merchandising, supply chain, digital, advanced analytics and disruptive technology. His recent engagements have involved future-back supply chain strategy, inventory flow, private label, cost negotiations, merchandising operating models, and strategies to combat the emerging threat of hard discount grocers.
His core case work has included:
- A cost reduction program for a major retailer, which led to a 4% decrease in cost of goods sold;
- A major strategy overhaul for a quick-serve restaurant to address food delivery aggregator platform growth, generating 6% annual growth;
- The revised inventory flow and management program for a leading retailer, which achieved 11% excess inventory reduction and 20% order cycle time reduction, while simultaneously achieving 12% sales uplift;
- The development of production-grade advanced analytical merchandising tools for a national grocer, achieving 3% comp growth sales.
Mikey holds an MBA from the University of Michigan and a B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from the Johns Hopkins University.