Oliver Straehle is a partner based in our Zurich office. He leads our Advanced Manufacturing & Services practice in EMEA and is an expert in the firm's Machinery & Equipment and Aerospace, Defense & Government Services practices. Further, Oliver is an expert in our Strategy, Digital Transformation and Performance Improvement practices, with a focus on service transformations.
Oliver has 20 years of management consulting experience, working with senior executives and management teams to address their most pressing strategic issues.
He advises clients in the industrial and technology sectors on issues such as strategy development, full potential transformation, and operational improvement. He holds deep expertise in development of service businesses and in digital transformations, orchestrating a broad network of internal and external resources. Oliver has founded industry networks like Bain’s Service Circle and the B2B CDO Forum.
Prior to joining Bain in 2009, Oliver led the industrial goods practice of another global consulting firm in Zurich. Before his consulting career, Oliver was a project leader in the concept development department of Rolls-Royce Aero Engines in Germany.
He holds an MS in aerospace engineering from the University of Stuttgart and the University of Toronto and an MBA from ESADE in Barcelona.
- “Machinery as a Service: A Radical Shift Is Underway,” Global Machinery & Equipment Report, 2022년5월2일, Report
- “The Hardware Paradox: Machinery Must Expand beyond Machines,” Global Machinery & Equipment Report, 2022년5월2일, Report
- “How Industrial Service Providers Are Planning for a Post-Covid-19 World,” Infographic, 2020년5월21일
- “US Industrials Confront Implementation Barriers to the IoT,” 스냅차트, 2019년2월7일
- “European Companies Press Their Advantage in the IoT,” 스냅차트, 2019년1월30일