Oliver Straehle is a partner in Bain & Company's Zurich office. He leads Bain's EMEA Advanced Manufacturing & Services practice and is an expert in the firm's Energy & Natural Resources, Machinery & Equipment and Consumer Products practices. He is also an expert in the firm's Customer Strategy & Marketing and Performance Improvement practices.
Oliver has 15 years of management consulting experience, working with senior executives and management teams to address their most pressing strategic issues.
He advises clients in the industrial, technology and consumer products sectors on issues such as strategy development, operational improvement, organizational development and sales programs. He holds deep expertise in the development of new business segments, including service growth and full potential transformations, as well as performance improvement, sales force effectiveness and customer experience programs.
Prior to joining Bain in 2009, Oliver led the industrial goods practice of another global consulting firm in Zurich. He started his career as a project leader in the concept development department of Rolls-Royce AeroEngines in Germany.
He holds an MS in Aerospace Engineering from University of Stuttgart and University of Toronto and an MBA from ESADE in Barcelona.
- “How Industrial and Technology Giants Can Set the Service Pace,” Brief, June 2018
- “Organizing for a Digital World,” Brief, February 2018
- “How Digital Can Reshape Paper,” Forbes.com, April 2017, Article
- “Unfolding the Beneﬁts of Digital in Paper and Packaging,” Brief, March 2017
- “Winning in Industrial Service: The Hallmarks of a Service Champion,” Brief, June 2015