Abigail Smith is a partner in Bain & Company's San Francisco office. She is a core leader of Bain's K-12 Education practice.
She has more than 10 years of management consulting experience, advising leaders in the education sector on their biggest opportunities and challenges.
Abigail works with clients to address a range of issues, including strategy, performance improvement and organization. In addition to education, she has advised clients in industries such as private equity, technology, higher education and consumer products.
Prior to joining Bain in 2005, she was a high school math teacher at a large urban public school. Outside of Bain, she sits on the board of the Berkeley Public Schools Fund.
Abigail earned an MBA from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, graduating as a Tuck Scholar. She holds an AB in history from Dartmouth College.
- “Talent makers, not talent takers: How employers and educators must reimagine their investment in talent,” Press release, January 2022
- “Taking Flight: How to Maximize the Potential of Career-Connected Learning,” Report, January 2022
- “The United States Needs Career-Connected Learning to Help High School Graduates Get Jobs,” SSIR, August 2019, Article
- “Making the Leap,” Report, January 2019
- “Transforming Schools,” Report, January 2016