Andy has more than 20 years of management consulting experience. He advises boards of directors, CEOs and their leadership teams on their most pressing business challenges and opportunities.
In the healthcare sector, Andy has worked with large pharmaceutical companies, medical technology companies, biotechnology firms, private investment funds, NGOs and government agencies. He holds deep expertise in growth strategy, market entry, competitive strategy, M&A, organizational design and executive / board governance, operational strategy and performance improvement.
In the biopharmaceutical space, Andy has worked across a wide range of specialty therapeutic areas (including rare diseases) and functions, including commercial, operations and R&D. In addition, Andy is an internationally recognized expert in the areas of vaccines and infectious diseases.
Andy is also one of Bain’s leading experts on complex M&A transactions, in particular large corporate separations / spin-offs, divestitures and integrations of carve-outs. Andy’s experience in this area is wide-ranging across strategic, organizational, operational and transactional issues.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Andy was a founding partner in the Health & Life Sciences Practice at a global management consultancy. He also worked in the Corporate Finance Group of J.P. Morgan Securities.
Andy earned an MBA from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business and a BA in Economics from Northwestern University.
- “Front Line of Healthcare Report 2017: Why involving doctors can help improve US healthcare,” Report, May 2017
- “Category Focus Rewards Biopharma Shareholders,” In Vivo, February 2017, Article
- “Focus Matters: How Biopharma Can Reward Shareholders,” Brief, November 2016
- “Fate of cost-saving biosimilar drugs may hinge on naming policy,” Modern Healthcare, July 2015
- “Sometimes Companies Need to Break Up Too. Is It Time for to Split Up?,” Jakarta Globe, June 2015, Article