Ashish Singh is a partner based in Bain's Boston office and the leader of the firm's global Healthcare practice. He sits on the firm's Global Board of Directors and is also an expert in the Advanced Manufacturing & Services practice.
Ashish founded Bain’s India office and served as its managing director (2005–2011) and chairman (2011–2014). Bain India was one of the fastest growing start-up offices in Bain’s history and, under Ashish’s leadership, established a scale presence in India, from which it has continued to grow strongly every year.
A globally recognized consultant—Consulting Magazine chose him as one of the Top 25 consultants for 2006—Ashish has more than 20 years of management consulting experience. His expertise lies in developing corporate and business unit strategies, leading large-scale corporate transformation programs, creating market entry strategies, and driving mergers and integrations. He has also cofounded Bain’s Enterprise Software, Media & Entertainment and Pharmaceutical practices.
Ashish’s experience covers a range of industries, including telecommunications, infrastructure and EPC, consumer goods and retail, healthcare, private equity, technology, and industrial goods and services. Ashish has supported clients with his focus on growth strategy, M&A, organizational design, and operations efficiency and effectiveness.
Ashish is a frequent contributor of articles and interviews to journals and leading business publications, and his insights are often quoted in the media. His articles have been regularly published in Mint under its Wall Street Journal initiative in India and on the op-ed page of The Economic Times.
Ashish earned an MBA from Harvard Business School, graduating with distinction. He is a graduate of Harvard College, where he received a BA in economics with honors.
- “A Digital Prescription for the Pharma Industry,” Pharma Executive, June 2016, Article
- “Big data: The key to healthier patients, better margins, & making Cancer MoonShot 2020 a reality ,” BioPharma Dive, January 2016, Healthcare
- “The year ahead: 11 execs & experts predict what's in store for biopharma in 2016,” BioPharma Dive, January 2016, Healthcare
- “11 biopharma execs & experts look back on 2015: A record year for record-breaking,” BioPharma Dive, December 2015, Healthcare
- “Getting the Dose Right: A Digital Prescription for the Pharma Industry,” Brief, December 2015